First bite from my olive!! Pictures attached!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberoo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So, for my birthday about a month ago I had a fancy dress party. Once most people had arrived I decided to get my 2 and a half metre Olive Python out to show off (as ya do). I opened up her enclosure and let her slither out onto me, nothing unusual. I've had her for 5 years and she has never even tried to bite me.
Next minute, BAM! She's got me by the neck for a good minute! It took me an hour to get her off from around my arms and she freaked out and whacked me again on my arm!
Most of my friends haven't even seen a snake let alone someone get bitten by one.. Twice! hahaha
And the ironic thing is.... I was dressed as Steve Irwin!
This will definitely be a party no one will ever forget :)

230754_538230549530198_956272939_n.jpg422264_484708191568248_1959269647_n.jpg

Wow, you're a trooper neck bite awsome then too top it off tags you on the arm and infront of company your a show off lol
Still waiting on my first big snake bite ������
oh well one day maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe your Olive was in party mode too, and lost control of her inhibitions! Anyway, you did Steve proud!!!! Shedding some blood for the cause. I hope you yelled out "crikey" when she tagged you :lol:.

How long after you got her out was it before she bit you? And how long since her last feed?

Oh, and what perfume were you wearing - Eau de Rodente?! ;)

I am wondering how many people left during this ordeal LOL

hahaha surprisingly, as much as i tried to get everyone out of the room so i could get her off me, most of them stayed and wanted to help. They were fascinated!

Honestly, it didn't hurt as much as i thought i would.. It was more the force of the strike than her teeth. It stung a bit when she was letting go though.

How long after you got her out was it before she bit you? And how long since her last feed?

Oh, and what perfume were you wearing - Eau de Rodente?! ;)

haha it was only a matter of seconds before she bit me.. And she was due for a feed. I thought that she may have picked up a scent on my t-shirt as it hadn't been washed since i bought it at Australia Zoo.

Yeah, lucky she's not a big snake and only coiled your arms.

Think she's lying it looks like a hickey from a boy with sharp teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back