First Bush Walk of the season

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was a warn day, so headed off for a quick walk this after noon.

Saw a few Jacky's, Black Cockatoo's and this guy. Was real happy to see me! Man I thought Lacies were quick up trees, this guy would give one a run for its money!

Last edited:
No.. there were 2 (a pair I assume) sitting on a rock, Im not a bird person.. took off soon after right over us, actually should have got some shots, but I see em around that area all the time.

Where abouts did you head out Pugsly?? Today was beautiful weather around the sydney area. Perfect Bush walk day

Nice work Pugs, i just got back from my first night drive of the season - yep, i went to 'that spot'. ;) Still too cold for the night drives though, it was already down to 20 degrees by 6pm. Saw plenty of frogs, a road kill RBBS, a massive road kill Bluey and a possum. I got a couple of pics of one of the frogs, will post soon. Hopefully someone can ID it for me.

Yeah, was nice and warm in the middle of the day, I went out about 330-4.

Spots are secret! hehe

Anyone know what this is? I'm thinking Pobblebonk?

Attachments

• Frog 1.jpg
    Frog 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Frog 2.jpg
    Frog 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
wow dude ,i have seen many species in sydney but still havent seen one of these yet
its an ORNATE BURROWING FROG limnodynastes ornatus
and its listed as uncommon!!
good score dude,what part of western sydney did u find it ?

First thing i thought when i saw it was it looked like some kind of burrowing frog. Found it north-west of Sydney mate, if you want a more exact location PM me. Thanks for the ID.

Saw these two in the Canberra Botanic Gardens on the weekend - first herps I've seen here outside the Zoo, Reptile Centre and Exotic Pets.

:p

Hix

Attachments

• Lizard1.jpg
    Lizard1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 54
  • lizard2.jpg
    lizard2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Lizard3.jpg
    Lizard3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Lizard4.jpg
    Lizard4.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53
i see them alot and never tire of looking at them water dragons,
you got to come on some AHS field trips hix we gonna have more of them this year im told
to the nasho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back