Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not lie, also I am female :p

However I promise you I did not lie, as I said though I can understand why you dont believe me as I have never seen any Geckos around here, let alone those two. Plus it is hard to believe with them being out during the day, let alone mating. I can totally understand why you guys wouldnt believe me, however I was not expecting the reaction I got, especially since I have been on here over six months now.
I dont know why people would lie about this anyway, plus I hate liers.

Edit:
I mustnt have identified it correctly, it looked alot like a levis levis, well pictures that I have seen of them anyway. So I posted them as being levis levis. So for them to be 600k's away from there natural habitat, they either must have been escapees or I have definitely incorrectly identified them.
It might be what GeckPhotographer suggested, I noticed they were Geckos, they were mating, they were out in broad daylight, they were purple, so thought they must be levis levis with the colouring and all.

I am sorry this has taken over the thread and I hope this might explain what I saw, if not, well then Im sorry guys, I give up, I hate being called a lier, especially since lieing is something that I hate. So I will not be posting on here anymore.

Last edited:
no one called you a liar ?
we are just suggesting that it wasnt a levis but you said it definately was a levis so we just tried to be more straightforward with our opinions why

no one called you a liar ?
we are just suggesting that it wasnt a levis but you said it definately was a levis so we just tried to be more straightforward with our opinions why

This is what I meant:
Why whould he lie tho, what would he get ouuta it ?.

It was in reply to that, I am not lieing. That is what I mean.

I understand the suggesting, I am not a Gecko person as previously stated and the only purple Gecko I know was levis levis, I am sorry I got it wrong.

Conclusion: if they were levis they were captive escapees not wild (highly unlikely)' or you could of saw thickies (unlikely) but during the day you would expect to find one sheltering under cover/or in a burrow or you may of seen some other lizard. The ultimate solution to your problem would have been to go back into your house grab your camera hoping to see them when you get back or ask your parents and get a decent picture.

- - - Updated - - -

btw nice shot of Underwoodisaurus milii Stephen.

Last edited:
Conclusion: if they were levis they were captive escapees not wild (highly unlikely)' or you could of saw thickies (unlikely) but during the day you would expect to find one sheltering under cover/or in a burrow or you may of seen some other lizard. The ultimate solution to your problem would have been to go back into your house grab your camera hoping to see them when you get back or ask your parents and get a decent picture.

I dont have to ask permission from my parents to take a picture? Or at least a decent picture.
I didnt want to disturb them as I pointed out in the last page, hence why no pictures. I also put on the previous page that I didnt think I would get such a weird reaction from everybody. I used to really like this and the people that gave me advice were nice on here but you are all getting too big for your heads now.... And having a go at people when they make a simple mistake. I said I have no interest in Gecko's at all and I saw these two, the purple colouring etc and thought they were levis.
This is honestly beyond the joke :/

I dont have to ask permission from my parents to take a picture? Or at least a decent picture.
I didnt want to disturb them as I pointed out in the last page, hence why no pictures. I also put on the previous page that I didnt think I would get such a weird reaction from everybody. I used to really like this and the people that gave me advice were nice on here but you are all getting too big for your heads now.... And having a go at people when they make a simple mistake. I said I have no interest in Gecko's at all and I saw these two, the purple colouring etc and thought they were levis.

Lol...no not ask your parents for permission but to ask them to quitely bring the camera to you but you made it clear that you didn't want to get close to them.

Getting a decent picture is critical because if you got a decent pic then you could go onto aps post the shot/s and see what other people think it is.

Last edited:
I also put on the previous page that I didnt think I would get such a weird reaction from everybody. I used to really like this and the people that gave me advice were nice on here but you are all getting too big for your heads now.... And having a go at people when they make a simple mistake. I said I have no interest in Gecko's at all and I saw these two, the purple colouring etc and thought they were levis.

Jackie-chan-meme.png

you said were certain you saw 2 levis mating at your location
we told you its most likely a milli
you said 'Hence why I posted it here, they were 100% Levis Levis, I may not like Gecko's but they were 100% there.'

so obviously you werent convinced, we just tried to convince you more straightforward why it isnt.

no one was having a go at you.

Nicely said Nick and haha at the drawing, if it was a gecko it was probs a Thicky but I would've expected to see them sheltering during the day rather than mating during the day, but then again awareness of where they are at at a particular time is less concentrated when copulating ;)

Last edited:
There have been several more posts while I was writing this but I do not have time to change it. Sorry about that...

BlackHeaded69

You obviously live on a small property adjacent to bushland. This would, I guess, put your house at some distance to the nearest neighbour. The east coast bush or grazing land is really not very suitable habitat and east coast summers are wet and humid. To reach your property, they would have to travel from at least next door at the closest and do so together (which does not happen in nature). If they are mating, they are adults. The female must have sufficient condition on her to allow the male to mount – so somehow they are more than just surviving. Adults do not disperse and if displaced only move as far as necessary to find shelter and food.

Clearly, you know what Nephrurus levis levis look like. However, if ou are unfamiliar with Underwoodisaurus milii, which is a very variable species, it would be dead easy with certain morphs to think they were N. levis. They can be incredibly similar and it is only that they lack the tiny knob on the end of the tail, that helps distinguish them at a difference. Given they were mating, the tails were not likely fully visible. Unfortunately, in theses sorts of circumstances our mind can alter our perception to remember things as we thought they were rather than exactly as they were. It has happened to me more than once in the past. Innocent people get jailed because the victims get it wrong. I realise only a photo would provide the sort of evidence you would need to change your mind. I would like you to know that I do not hold that against you.

Underwoodisaurus milii is perhaps the only Australian gecko outside of a few of the Strophurus group to be observed actively foraging in daylight and even full sun in the wild and consistently doing so during daylight hours in captivity (Herptofauna 33 (2) 2003). These geckos are also known to aggregate in their daytime shelters. So there is a very real potential that, at this time of year, mating may occur as well. No Nephrurus species, either wild or captive, have been reported to be active during daylight hours.

Blue

[/QUOTE]

There have been several more posts while I was writing this but I do not have time to change it. Sorry about that...

BlackHeaded69

You obviously live on a small property adjacent to bushland. This would, I guess, put your house at some distance to the nearest neighbour. The east coast bush or grazing land is really not very suitable habitat and east coast summers are wet and humid. To reach your property, they would have to travel from at least next door at the closest and do so together (which does not happen in nature). If they are mating, they are adults. The female must have sufficient condition on her to allow the male to mount – so somehow they are more than just surviving. Adults do not disperse and if displaced only move as far as necessary to find shelter and food.

Clearly, you know what Nephrurus levis levis look like. However, if ou are unfamiliar with Underwoodisaurus milii, which is a very variable species, it would be dead easy with certain morphs to think they were N. levis. They can be incredibly similar and it is only that they lack the tiny knob on the end of the tail, that helps distinguish them at a difference. Given they were mating, the tails were not likely fully visible. Unfortunately, in theses sorts of circumstances our mind can alter our perception to remember things as we thought they were rather than exactly as they were. It has happened to me more than once in the past. Innocent people get jailed because the victims get it wrong. I realise only a photo would provide the sort of evidence you would need to change your mind. I would like you to know that I do not hold that against you.

Underwoodisaurus milii is perhaps the only Australian gecko outside of a few of the Strophurus group to be observed actively foraging in daylight and even full sun in the wild and consistently doing so during daylight hours in captivity (Herptofauna 33 (2) 2003). These geckos are also known to aggregate in their daytime shelters. So there is a very real potential that, at this time of year, mating may occur as well. No Nephrurus species, either wild or captive, have been reported to be active during daylight hours.

Blue
Oh ok well then it makes the possibility of a milii much more likely.

wow , that was a quick swing around , one minute your suggesting that they think hes lying , then your backing them up that its only a suggestion :) what side are you on ;)

I was saying most ppl were doing more the suggesting, as in having a go at her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back