Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clare_ashley

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got bitten by my coastal carpet python for the first time ever today! He is around 1.2m but I have only had him for a few months - he is my first snake and I had always been so scared of getting bitten!

Now I don't know why! It didn't hurt at all, but I'm lucky he let to straight away because I did have his food.

Anyone care to share experiences? I know it can be really painful getting bitten by a bigger snake and want to know all that I have to look forward to :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 272
First time my woma decided to bite was when my mum was holding her. she must have been hungry, held on and coiled around. Had to get the listerine out to get her to let go. Since then mum has been very wary of Lilly.

Even large snakes with heads like bricks don't hurt too much from feeding bites, you lose a lot of blood and it can feel very uncomfortable when they twist their teeth into your skin but it isn't too bad. You might expierience it when your coastals fully grown some day, defensive tags never really hurt from any snake, can sting a little if they get soft spots though.

Edit: Don't know why my font is so small

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out some of Joemals photos on here, he has some big snakes and I think it is his scrubbie that bit him on his neck/face.
Here is my woma when he was smaller and a bit hungry/cranky

Attachments

• 2012-09-01_09-37-43_623.jpg
    2012-09-01_09-37-43_623.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 266
My little Yearling Jungle is always having a good go :) I usually have my gloves on when I get her out but she'd been doing so well lately I got her out last week without them and got tagged first time ever on bare skin :) wasn't even enough blood to justify a pic haha

6559_10200264069397778_611081017_n.jpg
522753_10200264069277775_810978433_n.jpg

Check out some of Joemals photos on here, he has some big snakes and I think it is his scrubbie that bit him on his neck/face.

I have tried to have a look but can't find a pic where he was bitten on the face/neck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?His srub python is unreal. What a magnificient piece of work!

My first proper bite was the other week from my 15 month old spotted, im not really sure what caused it, i know it wasn't a defensive bite as she looked more excited then anything. Anyways she actually bit my nephew on the nose (she did it very slowly, didnt strike or anything just opened her mouth and grabbed his nose) and i quickly reacted and grabbed the snake and she let go of him and latched onto me, then did a small coil (didnt really squeeze) around my hand, let go and that was the end of it, she did however leave a couple of her teeth in my hand. She was only fed 2 nights before hand a rather large adult mouse and it left a good size bump so it cant have been a feed bite. Maybe she smelt something yommy on his nose lol.

My little Yearling Jungle is always having a good go :) I usually have my gloves on when I get her out but she'd been doing so well lately I got her out last week without them and got tagged first time ever on bare skin :) wasn't even enough blood to justify a pic haha

My Jungle is still yet to bite me after around 8 months of having him/her. Both of MDs have tagged me though. The biggest being about 4-5 foot. And yeah, there was bugger all blood from my experiences either lol.
The bigger of the two MDs has only ever bitten me once. So something must have set her off. No idea what it was though.

I have tried to have a look but can't find a pic where he was bitten on the face/neck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?His scrub python is unreal. What a magnificent piece of work!
Yeah i just had a quick look too and can't find them. Maybe I was thinking of someone else's scrubby but yes he definitely has impressive snakes.

My first bite was after owning snakes for 4 years from a 5 foot Hogg Isle Boa. Kind of just slithered down to my elbow and took a chomp. The next week, it got my thumb. Lots of blood and bruising, but not much pain. The anticipation is the worst. I've also been bitten by a juvenile Brazilian Rainbow Boa and my juvenile Woma. Once again, the anticipation outweighs the pain and my Woma is still very, very "alert". Thankfully, never been coiled and always a quick release.

My Cunninghams Skinks and Pink Tongue Skink bites hurt more than the python bites I've copped over the last few years :)

Fortunate though not to have been caught with a feeding bite from my 2m coastal though...but the day will come, I will bleed and will get over it. Part of the love eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back