First gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis Laidler

Reaction score
Hi,
I am very new to the reptile world but i am wanting to get a gecko of some sort.
I am from Qld Australia if that helps narrow down what i am able to have.
i would like a gecko specie that would be
- easier to care for as it would be my first
- one that would be interesting and wouldn't mind interaction, although I know that can be an individual gecko thing
Thank you all

Last edited:
move and get a leopard gecko. :p but seriously, most wouldn't tolerate handling well, but for one that is easy to care for maybe a marbled gecko...i'd really be looking at a bluetongue or something similar if you wanted an easy handling pet.

Welcome to the forum.
Geckos as a rule don't like handling much. An easy to care for one would be a marbled gecko as Imported_tuatara suggested, or a thicktailed gecko. Otherwise have a look at any species native to Qld.

What about thicktailed, knobtailed and Bynoe's geckoes? The first two do alright with handling (for a gecko) and there are many different paint jobs to choose from. The Bynoe's also has the bonus of some of them being parthenogenetic - having the ability to produce fertile eggs without a male!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back