First Lizard & DIY Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chico

Reaction score
Recently I've been planning out getting my first lizard. I've been doing a lot of research, so I know the requirements and temperaments of the two I really like. I have been working out finances for buying all the requirements for this lizard and working out food, space and the type of lizard I would buy.
It was between an Ackie Monitor or a Bearded Dragon, and I am still trying to figure out it. I think I'd be fine with an Ackie, even if it is not a starter lizard, as I've done a lot of research and feel I could take care of one. Feel free to suggest more lizards if needed.
However, I have some questions about a DIY Lizard enclosure.
I have planned out the requirements for the enclosure I would like, so that is not the issue. I would like to know some door ideas. I'd like to build a front opening door, as I've always found front opening doors to be the best cleaning option for me. I would like to know what kind of glass and stuff could be used. I've chosen Melamine as the main structural build.
I live in QLD, so I will be getting a standard reptile licence.

I cannot own a snake, as my family hates them and does not want frozen animals in the freezer... lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back