First shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin41

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was out today and returned this evening. When I did I checked my Hatchling Stimson's Python and noticed that it was on top of it's hide and it had really churned up the really small wood shavings substrate. I looked about and noticed that it had shed its first skin in one whole piece, which was lying on the opposite end of the enclosure. As far as I have been able to see it has not had a poo yet. I purchased it 6 days ago and it was fed in front of me and took the pinky really well. Can I offer it a p8inky tomorrow? Or should I wait until I can see it has got rid of the last digested pinky before offering it another pinky?

I'm not sure where this 'wait until they defecate' nonsense came from, but it makes as much as as you being really hungry but waiting until your next crap before eating.

Mate, I feed in the evenings - and I like to feed em after a shed because often they haven't eaten in a week, go for gold! ?

Latest posts

Back