Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol thats real nice to hear Xeaal thank you. I also wanted an olive but the size was the main concern untill I have more room.
I can't say he hasn't tried to bite me but he never has actually bit me, and those times he has tried it's been my own fault. He can be cagey but when he's out he's better behaved than my spotted. I still take him out by hand but sometimes I need the hook if he's hungry. Other than that he is a real gem.

Males are smaller than females on average. Look forward to seeing yours :)

You are lucky fourexes,ive got a 3year old female thats around 6ft and everytime her cage gets open,its on for young and old..In the 18months ive owned her shes probably gotten worse,she LOVES her food thou,she could eat a chicken sandwich if given the chance...lol...But i love her additude...now ive gotta get her a boyfriend...poor male that goes in with her...

The gorgeous creature we are going to look at is advertised for sale on this site, so lots of lovely pics of her there. The lady selling her isn't totally sure if it's a male or female, but says it looks like a female and it's name is.. Fluffy. My boyfriend is the one who is actually getting her - anything that grows over 5ft (bigger than me, in other words) lives at his house, but it only took me a short while to talk him into it lol. We have a beautiful 5ft x ft x 3ft ex-display enclosure which we recently got from Pet's Den (they're closing down) so that will be renovated tomorrow for Fluffy :) I will post pics soon as I have some :)

amazing :D They're excellent first snakes, if you don't fear bites :D Unfortunately, not all the specimens will calm down, with age... mine has become docile, but his brothers and sisters are crazy... one of them brokes his jaw striking at the terrarium's glass :/

Just to show progress and some positive re-enforcement for those looking to own one: Mine really has been bulletproof after he settled down, to the point where I trust my 5 year old niece with him. In contrast nobody will go near my Bredli and I think he's calmed alot since I've owned him haha. Unfortunately most people only hear from the cranky Fuscus owners so I think they deserve a bit better rap. I've been bitten by my Bredli many times and I've had him half as long as my Water.

Mine eats like a champion, handles like a dream and looks unreal. I couldn't ask for any more out of any snake. My spotted python goes on and off food, is jumpy and just lacks the personality of the Fuscus, My Bredli I enjoy but consider a challenge. The Water Python really does possess character & personality that I've never seen from any other snake. He even comes to my face for a kiss and I have no hesitation giving him a few and it's never ended badly (not that I condone doing such things).

I believe any breed of snake can be satanic or sedate, much like people it comes down to the individual, not the breed.

Attachments

• bubba.jpg
    bubba.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 42
  • bubbaII.jpg
    bubbaII.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 45
  • pretty.jpg
    pretty.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 41
  • colours.jpg
    colours.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 37
  • bubbaIII.jpg
    bubbaIII.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 39
  • bubbaIV.jpg
    bubbaIV.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 38
  • poser.jpg
    poser.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 40
Gorgeous fourexes :D
He certainly has come a long way from that tiny hatchie in your first posts! Well done and keep up the great work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back