first time gecko what should it be ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aj33340

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi im looking at getting a gecko and im wondering what would be a great first time gecko and if you have a link to a basic care sheet would be extra awesome

I would suggest you buy 'A Guide to Australian Geckos & Pygopods in Captivity' By: Dr. Danny Brown. It's a very informative book, well worth the money.

As far as the basic care sheets go, they are everywhere. A simple google search will yield an obscene amount of information.

Regards, Patrick

Thicktails or knobtails are good first geckos. There is an excellent care sheet on the VHS site for thicktails.

I have thicktails and they are very easy and reasonably cheap to have. A great first time gecko and are fun to watch. A quick search on Google will do the trick and there is stuff on YouTube as well.

Honestly get whatever you like the look of and research accordingly. My first (and only) gecko is an N. amyae (rough knob tail gecko) because I didn't want something that would drop its tail and she has a hell of an attitude/personality. But she is pretty simple to keep and I'm sure most geckos wouldn't be that hard. I bought the little book on Geckoes, it's green but I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it was only like $15 and had most of the info I needed to set up and take care of her.
Here is some more info on them
http://www.livefoods.com.au/image/data/PDFs/knob_tail.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence, but if you are going to buy a book on geckos get the one by Danny Green. A bit dearer but worth the outlay. Fishpond is the cheapest. (Sorry Geckodan)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back