First time handling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you are on the right track with him then, getting him feeding is definitely a good sign.
Thanks, though he shocked me a bit today. Apparently he's in shed - I had absolutely no idea, didn't seen any of the classic signs though he has been less active. I am hoping to go home to find him fully shed as this morning he had only shed to the neck.

Ok just got home and no movement on his shed, should I be concerned at this stage and is there anything I need to do?

I am going away for the weekend tomorrow night so would like to leave knowing he’s alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
how is the humidity? maybe try misting him
[doublepost=1520495789,1520494897][/doublepost]
haha my spotted does the same thing,must hate the camera.She never bites me but strikes at empty air.

Thanks will try that if he isn’t done when I get home again after training.

Edit: home from training and he’s still not shed past the neck. Have placed some damp paper towel into his warm hide to bump humidity in there. What should I do if that doesn’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shedding can be tiring I guess for little snakes... Imagine being wrapped from head to toe in cling wrap and having to wriggle yourself out of it with no arms to help pull yourself free. LOL

My spotted, when small would be the same.. I'd observe it early in the morning (3am) with the shed skin just peeling back over the head and he would be coiled up seemingly having a break... By the time I'd get home from work at 3pm, he'd completely freed himself of the old skin.

Nowadays, I can sit and watch the whole process from start to finish in under 10 minutes. Incredible to watch how they glide out of their old skin emerging like a shiny brand new rainbow serpent

Success - this morning he's freshly shed. It came off in 3 pieces but there is no stuck shed. Very happy snake mummy
Yeah that's pretty normal too, mine mainly comes off in 1 piece but occasionally it snags somewhere on the enclosure decor and tears but it always completely comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back