Fish Fans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bucket never goes near my tank. I heat two 90L plastic tubs with 2 X 300W aquarium heaters overnight, outside. I have a 20 metre length of plastic tubing I got from Bunnings. I modified a small internal filter pump which has 4 suction cups that attach to the inside of the aquarium and that is connected to one side of the tubing. That gets the syphon going (try sucking on 20 metres of tubing!). The water is drained onto the garden. When the tank has dropped sufficiently the garden end of the tubing is placed on the pond pump in one of the tubs and the flow is reversed. Easy, doesn't take long and no mess!

fester maybe no mess but mate my tanks 800 ltrs. and i hate doing water changes but thats the price you pay for the enjoyment of watching all my fish busy doing what most of use do in everyday life....living together:(:)

Not into fishtanks at all, but we love going fishing and getting something to eat out of the Murray. Dave is off on a fishing trip next weekend, but its a real pity the Cod fishing time runs out next Friday. That's it! No more Cod for about 6mths is that right.?

what are the fish that move the rocks and stuff around the tank? sorry if that is a stupid question lol.
hornet can you post some pics of your fish tanks please? would love a look.
missblissett how big is your axolotl? mine is appox. 25cm long. nice to see someone else who doesnt think they are gross lol.

cobb - oscars will move rocks around.. they also like to play with marbles. They get a bit annoyed if you move a rock back to its original spot though :p either that or they will sit in the corner and sulk for a few hours before they move the rock back to where they put it

i wouldnt have thought they would bother plants, i know south americans are fine with them but being carnivores wouldnt think they would damage them
FORGET about any ideas with trying to keep Malawi's or Tanganikan's in a planted tank..Its natual for these guys to spend all night digging and shifting gravel, so the next morning when you come and look your beautiful set-up,at all the EXPENSIVE plants are shredded and floating at the top

Last edited:
I like your filter. I was toying with the idea of putting a big sump like that on my 6 footer but went with a great big fluval canister in the end and filled it with Seachem's Pond Matrix. Got two turtles in it at the moment to cycle it then I can bring home my giant gourami. He's about 6 years old and 2 foot long at a guess. Pics will be posted :D

I've got no plants, just driftwood in it at the moment cause turtles are as bad as giant gourami's at killing/eating plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back