fish tank to reptile enclosure conversion (lots of photos)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tank will do for a while but will need to be upgraded at some point
Aquarium dimensions: 62 W x 52 H x 39 D cm
Aquarium capacity: 90L
Aquarium lighting: 2 x 18W PL lamps

looks awesome and props for thinking outside the melamine box

Thanks I appreciate the comments!

looks good, how do you go with cleaning seeing as its so deep with top opening. I love it when people go for the looks rather than easy and practical bare melamine. Great Bredli, is that one of Solar's ?

I just take the light piece off to give plenty of room for cleaning. It's not one of solar's ;)

I dont know what area you live in, but the main reason for not using aquariums as snake enclosures is that glass doesnt hold ambient heat very well and will end up costing you in the long run. (might also explain the reason for spending so much time in the hide near the lights)

with the sand, just make sure he/she doesnt eat too much of it with her food. also for a sand-like substrate, i use (i think its ozpet) brown odour eating kitty litter and chuck it in the food processor. turns it into a fine powder that is basically cardboard powder and i have had no problems and i have a few animals on this and often some of it gets ingested with food. i find this substrate looks very much like sand.

your encosure looks very good by the way.

Cheers I try not to let her eat sand so I just put food on a piece of plastic (the stuff real estate signs are made of) on the sand bit and she eats off that, saving getting mess everywhere. My room is quit hot and it gets to about 30C in the tank and 31-32C in the hide, I forgot to mention she hasnt been in there for very long i'll give some more time to get used to it :) she comes out once the lights go off.

looks great , but what a waste of a good fish tank .

had to tear it down when I went overseas for a bit but it had its run for seacreatures.

5117612498_ea27247e7d.jpg

Looks good mate! love that bredli too. What are the dimensions of the fish tank? cause the bredli may out grow that tank.
tank will do for a while but will need to be upgraded at some point
Aquarium dimensions: 62 W x 52 H x 39 D cm
Aquarium capacity: 90L
Aquarium lighting: 2 x 18W PL lamps
looks awesome and props for thinking outside the melamine box

yea it will, I intend to build a new tank for her once that happens. This is my only snake and I would like to get a stimmy that will be perfect sized for this tank :)

Thanks for showing me how to do that.have the same kind of tank,right now it has an Oscar fish in it.need to get rid of him so i can begin my conversion.

The enclosure looks awesome mate and that Bredli is looks amazing. Good job.

Nice enclosure dude, love the bredli too. I love to keep one of my own as my first pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back