Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consider the following

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think trawlers should be band, thay just rape the sea.
i grow my own silver perch and yabbies and trout in my backyard in a 1000lt water tank 100 x 500gram fish a year plus all the veg i can eat . its called aquaponics . theres no need (only greed) to rape the sea .
i dont think we could ever stop people from fishing , it would be impossable to police..

Wow:shock::D

Hahahaha man vegans are so funny.

"I'm a vegan but I eat my duck eggs" - what? So you're NOT a vegan.. You're a vego. That's up there with "I'm vegetarian but I still eat chicken and fish".

Humans are omnivorous. That's why we thrive on meat and veges. A sole diet of either is detrimental to our health (hence why you get sick if you eat too little veges, and anaemic when you eat too little meat). Every vegan I know is on iron tablets for anaemia. Sounds like the healthy, natural diet to me :rolleyes:. Pity you'd all be dead if we hadn't evolved to be so smart we can fix your self afflicted deficiencies ;)

Also that anatomy jargon is rubbish. It can be explained by the fact that evolution doesn't keep up with our eating habits. As it doesn't in many other examples in the natural kingdom.

For example, pandas eat solely bamboo - SOLELY - yet they have large canines, small incisors and shearing carnassial teeth (carnivore dentition). If you kept a pet panda would you feed it antelope because it has the same teeth as a carnivore, and therefore should eat the same way as one?

By your [flawed] reasoning, emus and ostriches have wings so they are meant to fly. Err wrong.

Yeh, to much of anything will kill ya.

im eating soup with bread its really hard to finish a whole bowl without a spoon im sooooooooooooo fulll................................... pickled octopus rules

Wow:shock::D

It was a fair comment, sustainable high intensity agriculture such as aquaponics is going to be very important in the future. Some types of trawling are extremely destructive and can be very ineffecient. I think we could be taking much more from Austrlaian waters sustainalbly , but it needs to be done right.

One of the main issues wtih aquaponics is that one of the best fish to use is a noxious pest in Australia. Still it can work with other species if you can get food in an effiecent way(eg. not trawled seafood).

I like fishing, but i LOVE spearing :)

I do this because I don't like animals to suffer unnecessarily. There's plenty of evidence to support the theory that eating animal products is not good (let alone necessary) for human health or environmental health.

Eating bulk carbs isn't particularly good for you (humans) either.
Environmental health has suffered severely due to agriculture
and sent countless species to extinction, vegos aren't really
doing the environment any favors.

What else do you do to prevent animals suffering, because
changing your diet does little to nothing.

I take it you don't wear or use wools, cottons or leather?
Never use canola oil etc?

To be fair the land and water required to grow a kg of meat is substantially higher than a kg of vegetable products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back