Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here you go Sam... I know you love these things and this was just "hanging out".

Also, my new male Pseudothecadactylus lindneri.

Attachments

• DSCF0177.JPG
    DSCF0177.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF0250.JPG
    DSCF0250.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF0253.JPG
    DSCF0253.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0298.JPG
    DSCF0298.JPG
    538.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF0312.JPG
    DSCF0312.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0319.JPG
    DSCF0319.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 87
Haha Shawn, I told you NOT to get the lindneri :p congrats mate

Stunning salebrosus, can't wait to get some

Very nice salebrosus, can I ask how common are these (or any of the leaf tails) in captivity?

Very nice salebrosus, can I ask how common are these (or any of the leaf tails) in captivity?

The leaf-tails don't appear to be too common in captivity which is a shame as they are awesome geckos with great character. They are also long-lived and large geckos that feed and breed readily so I'm not too sure why they haven't become as popular as other geckos such as knob-tails.

Wow they are some lovely looking geckos!!!!

There are a small few working on the Leaftails in Vic now, They have only been on licence here for a few short years.
Its nice to see the above critters in collections.

The leaf-tails don't appear to be too common in captivity which is a shame as they are awesome geckos with great character. They are also long-lived and large geckos that feed and breed readily so I'm not too sure why they haven't become as popular as other geckos such as knob-tails.

Do Saltuarius take a bit longer to reach sexual maturity? Do they lay a decent number of clutches? The impression you get from the public market place is that they are much less frequently available, I'm sure they are snapped up when offered. Price tag is a wee bit higher than levis too.

But I can't wait to get myself a pair! :)

Fair enough killimike, they do take abit longer to mature. They can take upwards of three years to reach sexual maturity. I'm unsure if they multiclutch each season but I think they would. I've seen Phyllurus platurus as low as $60ea for hatchlings but Saltuarius are usually $300-$500ea.

Fair enough killimike, they do take abit longer to mature. They can take upwards of three years to reach sexual maturity. I'm unsure if they multiclutch each season but I think they would. I've seen Phyllurus platurus as low as $60ea for hatchlings but Saltuarius are usually $300-$500ea.

That's very true, I wasn't thinking of platurus. Poor man's leaftail, altho that isn't fair to em.

And worth every cent!

Once you see one in the flesh, you will understand - they are magnificent geckos.

Very true.

And worth every cent!

Once you see one in the flesh, you will understand - they are magnificent geckos.

I was fortunate to have one as a relocation just recently, very primitive looking, truely amazing beasties close up! Although I only had her (assuming as I couldn't see any hemipenal bulges) a few days, she ate a whole box of large crix.

Great animals rocket, yes leaf-tails are awesome but what put me of them at first was there not very heat tolerant, but in the rite set ups they are fine.

Great photos Rocket, i really like the look of the giant cave gecko ,salebrosus sure do have big appetites, i probably over feed mine as they love their food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back