Found a dugite in my house. Are there more around?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DamonKBrown

Reaction score
Hello. Today there was a baby dugite in our house hiding in a room. It is dead as our house is a daycare environment and we do have pets and it had to be killed. I'm sorry if you guys do not agree with this decision. But yes with this one in the house we're worried there may be more lurking around, but we are not sure. So are there?

Probably not. I know of plenty of people who have had a single baby dugite in their house. Next time please call a reptile removalest instead of killing it.
There will be others in the area. So keep your grass cut and yards tidy as they don't particularly like the open spaces.

Probably not.
Any snake catchers near you that you can contact?
Most areas of perth are covered. No doubt it can be hard sometimes to get hold of someone since its volunteer based and people have jobs.

Yes actually. And I want to say that it wasn't me who killed the snake it was my mother who was very paranoid. I totally agree with you guys when you say not to kill snakes.

Without trying to "downplay" or "doubt" your observations r u 100% sure it was a dugite? I guess irrespect whether it was or not u obviously knew it was a ven.

Yes actually. And I want to say that it wasn't me who killed the snake it was my mother who was very paranoid. I totally agree with you guys when you say not to kill snakes.
Most snake bites around homes are the result of untrained people trying to kill them.

Yes. We live literally right opposite a lake. So thats why I feel bad that it had to be killed but we have seen some snakes around and we're sure this is a dugite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back