Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I was called to catch a "Poisonous Lizard" from a home near Bentons Road in Mt Martha today.

If you know anything please contact me here by PM or ring 0408067062.

You must supply the make and model and last address of your lost dragon before I can help you.

This particular dragon is not a native to the area and Im pretty sure its someones pet that escaped..
so no, not a jacky dragon Nick.

- - - Updated - - -

I really would like to find its owner as i have a ripper little video of me trying to catch it.
I cant post it till I find the dragons home.

Shame you cant post the video for all the non-Mt Martha residents to watch...

we look forward to seeing the vid when you can put it up Baz! Your videos are always entertaining! Hope you find the owner...;)

Emphasis on the dragon part, I'm looking forward to the vid. Here's hoping you find the owner soon

Well...
Going from what we've been told:
It's a dragon, it's "poisonous", not native to the area, and not a jacky dragon.

Umm, I'm fairly certain that it has to be my pet komodo dragon Felicity that I tied up out the front of a mates house while I went in to have a coffee.

NOW IM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE ... but wen i saw this post i thought. The only two poisonous lizards in the world are the
Gila monster (Heloderma suspectum) of the southwestern United States and the
beaded lizard (Heloderma horridum) of Mexico.

Recently scientists have said that most monitor species are venomous ( like komodos ) but if as stated above ( emphasis on the word dragon then its not a monitor) therefore its either a beaded lizard or a gila monster..... or its not venomous. sorry for ranting someone correct me if i am wrong with my facts.

Its my frill neck Boo Boo Moo Moo was last seen hitching on the Hume Highway ,do you freight SSnakeman :)

Guys, youre overthinking this.

It is a dragon and when I was called to catch it, the people told me they thought it was poisonous.

On the video, "poisonous lizards" are talked about and all will become clearer when i post the footage.

So no, not a Komodo, not a gila or beaded lizard.

Just someones pet dragon, lol, and I want to get it out of my place and back where it needs to be.

Forget I said "poisonous"..it would be quite safe to eat and wont envenomate you with a bite.

NOW IM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE ... but wen i saw this post i thought. The only two poisonous lizards in the world are the
Gila monster (Heloderma suspectum) of the southwestern United States and the
beaded lizard (Heloderma horridum) of Mexico.

Recently scientists have said that most monitor species are venomous ( like komodos ) but if as stated above ( emphasis on the word dragon then its not a monitor) therefore its either a beaded lizard or a gila monster..... or its not venomous. sorry for ranting someone correct me if i am wrong with my facts.

If you read the post properly you would realise it was the person that called Baz out that thought it was 'poisonous'. I am sure everyone here realises there are no venomous dragons.

Ahh, sorry, forgot to add 8000 unnecessary emoticons, so no one knew I was joking apparently :|
Just for the record, I am aware that a komodo dragon is not a true dragon, and I'm also fairly certain that if I had a pet one (illegal) and it went missing (super-awful and potentially deadly) I would be doing more than speculate on a forum. Also I probably would have been arrested by now, because I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to hide a lizard that size, especially if I was walking it around to friends places all the time.:rolleyes:

Haha ill admit i definetly read the initial post wrong. :oops: Oops i thought literally someone was stupid enough to have an illegal lizard and call someone to catch it for them.

Could it be my chameleon last seen in your enclosure.
Lost it while on holidays
Come on I want to see footage too.

Still looking for the owner of a dragon found in Mt Martha near Bentons Road on the Mornington peninsula.

Soon Im going to have to decide what Im going to do with it, which means it will go LRP.

I going to assume the animal was being held off licence as no one has stepped forward.

Ill run it on F/B again and Ive put a couple of signs up in the area it was found, contacted local vets and cops..

What else is there to do?

I really think this is someones pet and Im taking it down to Karingal vet for a check up (it has a little damage to its mouth, nothing serious)today when I take my dog in to get his stitches out.

- - - Updated - - -

Not LRP...LRH...Lost Reptiles Home.

Yeah, I'm thinking... "Lost reptiles place"? "Lost reptiles pants"? "Lost reptiles portfolio"? None of those seem right... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back