Found Eastern Longneck Turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saulyboy44

Reaction score
Hello. I found an eastern long neck turtle on the driveway of a fairly busy street. He was along way from any watercourse I am aware of. Don't know if he was a pet or wild.

Did a little research. Have examined the turtle. Established as a male and approximately 5 years old and seems in good health. Where do i release him that is safe?

Hello. I found an eastern long neck turtle on the driveway of a fairly busy street. He was along way from any watercourse I am aware of. Don't know if he was a pet or wild.

Did a little research. Have examined the turtle. Established as a male and approximately 5 years old and seems in good health. Where do i release him that is safe?

Closest fresh water body

I also found one on a highly populated subrban road and the only water source we could think of was the creek but that is salt water. We just let it go in our friend s dam :D

Eastern long necks are one of the only turtles that travel great distances between water, he was probs from a small unknown pond close by, to where u found him, but i would just release him, near where u found him, put a fair distance from the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back