Freaky Blue Tongue - Donation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

Reaction score
I don't know how many (if any) or you recall, but before Juniors 'Forum Accident', I had posted up that I had been given a Blue Tongue Lizard that had a nasty eye injury (see pic in my gallery http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...lery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=2 ).

Anyway, I took him to a (not very capable) supposed reptile vet, who turned out knowing pretty much diddly squat about reptiles. Anyway, he gave me homeopathic drops to try and enhance the Blueys natural healing process. I had to administer them orally three times a day :roll:

Anyway, his eye hasn't got any better. Then, I got up this morning to discover THE WEIRDEST THING. He was shedding, and I picked him up to check him out cause his eye injury looked very red. Well...to my complete amazement, his eye is back and perfectly fine :shock: :shock: :shock:

Amongst his shed skin was a ball of hard puss about the size of a medium grape (I **** you not). It had obviously been growing and pushing his eye way down below the socket. STUPID vet had told me that his eye was destroyed! The wound is a bit red, and still a little swollen, but all in all, it looks HEAPS better! I can hardly believe it! :shock:

I had actually phoned Wildcare yesterday to come and take him because I was feeling really badly about not being able to help him. Finances are average right now, and being strapped for a herp vet anyway, he wasn't getting proper care. But, they didn't turn up. So much for 'We'll send someone over right away', which I was told at 9am yesterday morning. Anyway, I'm not really a Bluey lover, and I know precisely s.f.a about them. I really would like to see him (or her) go to someone who can love and care for him appropriately. Would anyone like to take him?

Mel x

Someone, I think it was Alexahnder, was looking for donation for his school club. Popp, (good man popp), donated one but I am sure another wouldn't go astray.

Hi Mel. Where are you?? I am in Sydney. how old is the bluey?? My school, rob ( my friend who also keeps reptiles) or me could take it.

I'm on the Gold Coast, about 15 minutes North of Surfers Paradise. Bit of a problem that... :cry:

Mel x

Well...I guess we could do the whole export/import thing. I've been meaning to get an export/import license anyway...

Mel x

Mel - what im about to say is N.S.W... i think its QLD as well but i could be wrong, so sorry. BUT

an import/export permit is a one off, if you are going to export a reptile, say this blue tongue, you apply for a permit to export 1 blue tongue, which lasts for up to a month. it's not a new class of licence or anything.. :(

sorry if you alread knew that and i just misinterpreted what you said heh :)

Thanks Sam. I don't know anything about anything :roll: Do these things cost you money?

Mel x

Alexander,

As far as I know, he or she is about 2yrs old. The guy that I got her from is very nice and a good friend to me, but to him, animals are animals. If one isn't well, and it isn't worth much financially, then it's in the freezer or given away. As far as I can gather from him, he had it sent up from Melbourne as a small fry, and that was about 2 years ago.

Mel x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back