• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FREE TO GOOD HOME

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JandC_Reptiles

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
American staffordshire bull terrier.

Brindle female approx 14 month old.
Wormed, vaccinated, micro-chipped etc.
Comes with metal food & water bowls with the dogs name on them.

Was advertised for sale awhile ago but withdrawn when I had 2 gooses come to my house for her (1 intended to breed her into the ground the other was after a vicious dog & sounded like he planned to release it on strays)

Reasons for sale:
1. Was originally advertised due to having a newborn baby & the other 1/2 being un-comfortable with a large breed around the child. Has now realised this dog is a loving companion with children as we have had her & the kids together for some time now.

2. NOW NEED HER GONE ASAP as we are moving into smaller accomodation & can not house this animal.

She is not to go to just anyone. A loving home only or don't bother responding.

PS.
She needs to go ASAP so if she is not given a home within the next few days she will either be taken to the pound or handed in as an american pitt bull & disposed of. As nasty as that sounds she is a wonderful dog & I am genuinely worried about her future in un-known hands.

If you were in Qld I would take her as a companion to my desexed boy. Any idea of the travel (shipping, freight) cost to Qld?

Hey Guys,

I can't offer her a home, but please don't take her to the pound.... If you would like her to go to a good home, send her here..... http://home.iprimus.com.au/meganmm/

They will have her desexed and do all vet work needed and keep her in foster care until a suitable home is found....

They will not just give her to anyone

Matt

No idea on costs.
I really don't have the time to freight anyway between working, packing & moving I am flat out atm.

I don't quite understand your post, but I can completely understand your worry that she will go to a fighting home, a dog mill or into unworthy hands.

There are people around that deal with rehoming that particular breed, and are extremely careful where they go.

One place you could ask for help would be here: http://www.dolforums.com.au

There is another forum where rescuers are contactable which I will go and try to find the link and post it here.

I'm not sure on the situation, but there definately are options for these breeds and they can be given into safe hands. I'm really glad you didn't give her to the 2 idiots that came to get her.

Thanks Mblissett.
I wouldn't send her to the pound really, anyone could end up with her then. And having her put down was never an option, more of an extreme attempt to find a sympathetic person to take her lol, atleast a sympathetic animal lover would care for her :p

Thanks for the link I will deffinately give it a look into if I can't find her a loving home.

So you start a over-exaggerated post to get interest up and then change it. I'd hate to see a staffy get put down for no good reason. If you end up gettin stuck give me a yell.

They truly are a beautiful breed of dog.....If it were mine i'd MAKE TIME to find it a good home.
Sad to see; when frieghting costs etc; could found out with one phone call....either way i hope it works out for the best.

heres how i found a home for my pups,
go to sensis.com.au then do a search for dogs for sale, and look at all the aussie sites there are about 5 that you can advertise and post pics to for free, also put up posters in your local area, you should find a home within a few days.

g'day

try these guys. we've just got a dog of them and they are very freindly people. it may cost you a small fee but they will keep her for as long as it takes to find the right person or family for her
http://www.animaladoption.com.au/

goodluck

cheers

did you post it on the dol rescue forum or bbo as nome suggested im a member of both and havent seen it

does it have papers if not you might be hard up proving its not a pitbull

did you buy her from a registered breeder as they may take her back to rehome her, if you got her off unregistered joeblow i would steer clear of letting them know

Havnt posted it on either, couldnt be bothered signing up & I was waiting on some1 that was supposed to turn up tonight but hasn't. If I dont find her a home in the next day or 2 I will post her up there.

ok i have put this link on both sites hope she gets a good home asap

next time you decide to get a dog remember dogs have feelings too or maybe just stick with reptiles

Is she toilet trained and will she get along with another female staffy?

She was house trained as a pup, however due to the other 1/2's fear of a large dog around a newborn baby she was sent out the backyard & hasn't been brought inside since. She will no longer try to come inside the house because my other 1/2 wouldn't allow her to but I am sure if you were to spend time encouraging her to enter she would have no problems in coming inside & I doubt she would soil the floors etc but can not be certain or garuntee it.

She has never been around another dog so I don't know, but there is also a cat here and there has been no problems between them BUT they were raised together, another female dog may be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back