Freebie lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Just sent this via ARO:

The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) has a number of reptiles to distribute amongst licensed NSW reptile keepers via a ballot system. The animals are: Eastern Blue-tongue Lizard, Tiliqua scinoides (juvenile); and Eastern Water Dragons, Physignathus leisuri (both juvenile and subadult) All animals have been health checked by staff at Taronga Zoo. Licensed NSW keepers who are interested in obtaining one of these animals will need to register their interest by contacting the NPWS by Thursday the 27th of February 2003 either by e-mail to [email protected] or fax on 9585 6401 detailing their name, address, licence number, daytime contact details and species wanted. There is a limit of one animal per person. Successful applicants will need to hold a current reptile keepers licence, and be able to pick up the animal in person from NPWS head office, at 43 Bridge St, HURSTVILLE during business hours within 48 hours of the drawing of the ballot. There will be no charge for the animals. All successful applicants will need to verify in writing when they pick up the animal that they have the necessary facilities to quarantine the animal from any others in their collection for a minimum period of 12 months. They must also sign a waiver indemnifying the NPWS against any diseases that the animal may develop or pass to other animals in their collection.

Cheers Hawkeye

Shame that they don't have some free snakes. I know nothing about lizards. I would be bad daddy.

Yeah Slatey,

Like I would have posted the article and created lots of competition in the ballot for myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am of the same bad daddy opinion regarding lizards.

Cheers Hawkeye

I have to one day start learning about them. But i think that they need more care to survive then snakies.

they're higher maintenance, and different requirements, though not necessarily harder to meet. having to feed them as often as ever day is the biggest difference :)

go for it slatey!

i started with lizards and never looked back.

Although i do wish they were giving away some nice pythons.
the only main differences i have are feeding and housing.
A good thing about the lizards/dragons is that i can yous several species together in the outside lizard pit.

I'm with you on that one Slatey. I'd never be able to deal with the woodies.... the neighbours would get sick of my screams pretty quickly I'd imagine. There is nothing I'm more irrationally afraid of than cockroaches.... ick!!

I don't blame you beautiful, hate them and can't touch the roach any way. More or less i have dislike for all insect. What a live with out mosquito, fly, ants, flees, vos and other little beests.

That is soooo funny saikrett! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(but I'm still scared)

I like heaps of other insects... I love my cicadas especially, but roachs.... way too scary for me, they shouldn't be alowed to run so fast and fly, and be so damned indestructible... it's freaky! :shock:

Snails are little cuties, nothing wrong with them... but those evil scary roaches.... *shudder*

Yea,
I' ve got a beardie and I hate roaches aswell. Orderd them once and had to kill them because, well, quess. Accept I don't mind crickets and mealworms and neither does my beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back