Fresh Air & Sunshine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabim

Reaction score
I have been taking my pet Diamond out into the sun and fresh air for about 1-2 hours a day and let him have a wonder around & climb small trees. He seems to enjoy this very much. However others have told me that they can get quite frisky and aggressive if left in natural sunlight. Does anyone else let their snake out in the garden and if so for how long? Should we be doing this in winter as well? Please let me know your comments!

My snakes and lizards all get sun but for my little water dragon he has a heat light that is also a uv light and it only cost me 9 dollars and he seems to love it he basks under it all day and is getting real fat. Is this ok for heating day and night or just day?

When my parents went to Orange they got it from a electrical store. The person from Bunnings told them to go to that shop.

I take my snakes outside all the time. The black especially likes it. The pythons don't seemed phased either way. I've never heard of a snake becomin "aggressive" over it though. The only reason why snakes become like this is if they're being mistreated and feel as though they are in danger. You should have nothing to worry about.

Maybe they are just frisky from warming up?

I take mine out into the sun to allow them some freedom! Colt has taken to playing on the line while I hang up and pull down washing. Cleo is too little for me to let her out (Too many maggies and kookaburras! plus too many spots to disappear forever) so she is either on me somewhere or in a pillowcase on the line (makes them feel safe, warm and allows UV to pass through)

Chris takes Buffy outside (She is nicknamed The Mistress, hehehe) or she goes into a pillowcase on the line.

My babies are all digesting today after a fang out yesterday. Going to pop my beardies into their outside enclosure now for their daylight!

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back