Frieght to regional airports

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickdejong

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone know if people can have reptiles freighted to regional airports?

For example I buy a snake from an eastern state and it gets freighted to Whyalla SA which would be connecting via Adelaide.. Or is it as simple as having to make a trip to Adelaide for each addition?

Cheers, Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because reptiles are only carried by Qantas Freight, you would either have to organize a transfer to a regional flight, or pick up the animal from Adelaide Airport. The second option is probably the less stressful on the animal, especially if there is no corresponding flight to Whyalla the same day.

Thinking about it some more, the regional carrier might not be willing to take the reptile.

It's only Quantas out here anyway but I'm assuming the smaller twin prop planes arnt equipped to transfer live animals or pets. Adelaide is only a 40 minute flight but a 5 hour drive -.-.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check if the regional carrier is a partner of Qantas.

Qantas do not service the area I am in but the regional airline that does is a partner and handles Qantas freight on a daily basis as well as transfers between themselves and Qantas planes.

Think from memory REX is the regional carrier for Whyalla and they carry reptiles or at least used to.

The linking of flights could be a problem though. If there is no connection on the same day, the reptile will be left overnight at the airport.
Something you need to ask as well.

Whyalla isn't a problem, I've sent a few animals down there over the years and some as recently as around a month ago, it is a same day connecting flight, no need to organise two separate flights, it is all part of your booking with Qantas.

So for example in my case, I would go onto the Qantas website and book a flight from Brisbane to Whyalla at a time and date that suits me and the receiver and all the details including connecting flights will come up in the booking itinerary that is emailed to me and receiver once booking is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back