friend for my gippsland water dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haydenvic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
looking for a friend for my gippsland water dragon

just out of curiosity is there any other reptile that could live with a Gippsland water dragon.
this is my Gippsland water drgon Turbo

Attachments

• Photo0171_001.jpg
    Photo0171_001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Ive seen people buy turtles to have in with them. start them both off small then they can grow together. but you would need a reasonable size enclosure to avoid any territorial behaviour. Thats one of the main things with water dragons especially male. they are territorial. My water dragon has a toe missing from another sibling attacking him even under the age of one. And the base of his tail too.

i had turtles with some eastern water skinks for a wile all the turtles wanted to do is try and eat them so i got rid of the tyrrles befor i got my dragon. i have fish with my water dragon at the moment

Wouldn't a member of the opposite sex be an appropriate addition?

You can try adding some full grown Water Skinks. They should be alright.
If you can get hold of a female Water Dragon, that will also work. Females are much more tolerant of each other and males will tolerate females in their vicinity but not other males. Otherwise you want something that is not semi-aquatic but will live comfortably near water. Pink-tongued Skinks, Major Skinks or Land Mullets come to mind.

Blue

You can try adding some full grown Water Skinks. They should be alright.
If you can get hold of a female Water Dragon, that will also work. Females are much more tolerant of each other and males will tolerate females in their vicinity but not other males. Otherwise you want something that is not semi-aquatic but will live comfortably near water. Pink-tongued Skinks, Major Skinks or Land Mullets come to mind.

Blue
might try water skink tones around where i live. love the pink toungued skink they look awesome might look into one of those

i use to have bluetoungues and i was always told that you have to keep the moisture down in their enclosure as they can get sick from it wouldnt that apply to the pink toungues aswell?

Last edited:
Otherwise you want something that is not semi-aquatic but will live comfortably near water. Pink-tongued Skinks or Major Skinks Blue
Pink Tongues? Really? Cool.

I have 2 EWD's, a short neck, a long neck and a broad-shelled turtle and 3 Pink-Tongued Skinks.
Each are housed seperately at the moment but I'd love to keep some different species together eventually. Plus all are indoor enclosures, would love to dive into some outdoor ones in the future.
Especially the turtles and water dragons, I've seen that alot and hear it is fairly right in most circumstances.
The short neck is a mean-head for lack of a better word and he is by himself but I've got the other 2 turtles together and the EWD's are together in a 6 foot-er and the Pink Tongues are only pretty little and all together.
Always an interesting discussion. More views?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back