Frilled range?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matevs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
What are the areas and range of Frilled Neck Lizards? The only info i found was they are located only in the top end. If this is true then my next question will be strange to most and this thread may be compared to the GTP's in Sydney. If its not then I need to do more research.

Historically they were found down the east coast to Brisbane, but they're very rare around here now. There are apparently still some populations just north of Brisbane.

I don't think they've ever naturally occurred near Sydney. (Was that your next question?)

Stewart

We see them in the National park at Noosa on the Sunshine Coast often!
Forgot to add that they are on Fraser Island and the mainland just south of Fraser Island at Rainbow Beach.

Last edited:
They are still around Greenbank and Logan village. There was a dead one on the Logan motorway not long ago.

So what ive read about them being only up north is wrong then? We used to see one or two running around school, which was 12+ years ago now which i thought was normal then so i kept an eye out for em ever since. But after reading the gtp in Sydney thread i double checked their range and it doesn't look like they should be here. I just thought it may have been pets that escaped from close by, but driving along the other day about 1km from the school my bro and i had to swerve to miss one and turned around to find him again, but he disappeared into someones garden. Ive been past every day since trying to find him again to grab a pic.

I'm in South West NSW by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back