Frog and reptile expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went today and was highly impressed. The organisors have again done a fantastic job. There is just so much to see and do. The quality on the animals on show are just awsome For those coming Saturday or Sunday, you are in for a treat. For those wishing to purchase animals, theres so much to choose from. Bring heaps of money.

Tomorrow will be even better, with the best in show animals on display. Get there early for the great bargains. One bargain to look for is the extreemly cheap temperature guns that the Snake Ranch are selling . These gadgits are a must for any serious keeper or breeder, and at the price there going for, everyone should get one.

It was great to see so many familiar faces and to catch up with many old friends. Neville was doing his usual shows, entertaining everyone. He even went one step further this year showing how to catch a wild eastern brown who showed up for a visit next to his show area.

If you are there tomorrow dont forget to wish Anthony Stimson(the organisor) a happy 40th birthday.

I went today too. Loved it. Better than last year for sure. I was only planning on spending a few hours there but i just cudnt leave and was there pretty much all day lol. Really wish i cud get back there tomorrow and Sunday !!!! I was so close to walking out of there with 1 of Shanes beautiful Womas.

Sounds good Bob,looking forward to it!!

I went yesterday too, was fantastic!

The way the snakes outside are displayed is awesome.

And the big croc OMG !

I think i will be planning another NSW trip next year so i can be there for Satuday.

Mrs I

xxx

I went today, Put my beardie in his set up, (i am number 8, go say hey to my beardie). He is enxt to last years comp winner, The set ups are looking good, so many beautiful animals there. A few albinos, lots of bargins! Any one know what the prices are to buy the display cases after the show? I heard $20 which if is true is an awesome bargin.

$20 was the cost to enter, the cages cost $180 (total cost $200).

Sorry, display cases are over $100. You get a $20 discount on the cage your animal is in, however.

I went for an hour this afternoon, but that was enough for me. Lots of beautiful animals, much better pet display/comp than last year and very tempting displays of animals for sale. I deliberately left my license at home. I picked up one of the great little temp guns from the Snake Ranch booth. The kids can give it to me for Mothers' Day! I said hi to Fay and Kane, but left before the APS get-together at 3pm. We will probably take the family tomorrow.

my family & I went today and had really good time,loved the albinos and adders on show and the THORNY DEVILS.....what a treat these little guys were,way too many awesome things to comment on..LOVED IT ALL:D

I wanted some of Shanes Womas also but he only had males left :(
Almost got a 1.2 trio of Tanami's for $1300 from another seller, but decided to save my money for a purchase I am planning in July ;)

I did pick up every back issue of Reptiles Australia (except Volume 1 issue 1) for $60 though. Also got the 4 binders to keep them in good condition & a years subscription :D

ETA: Seen alot of glass sliding doors smashed from people bumping/leaning on them.

It was an excellent day. Very well set up. The only draw back was once again the crowds but there isn't much that can be done about that. I picked up a pair of macs. Great little snakes and was tempted by the womas being sold for $500. I heard the scaleless death adders were $45 000 ea! :shock:

It was great to see all the rare animals on display. The albinos looked fantastic! The albino blue tongue snakeranch had on display but did not appear albino to me. It did not have a red pupil which albinos should have? :?

Anyone who hasn't went definantly should go if they get the chance.

Sam.

I went today really enjoyed myself.. well organised and great to see alot of rare reptiles..

i went today day could somebody please tell me the persons number and name that owned the crestsed via pm. They looked sweet!!

I went today & thought it was better than last year , ended up doing an impulse buy of my first herp with legs , a leaf tailed gecko . Saw Boodarie woma's for 1st time in the flesh & fell for them bigtime. congrats organisers, well done.

Does anyone know if they will be selling frozen rats there? I went today (and will probably go tomorrow) and thought it was pretty good, would have liked to see more geckos though. Loved the Egernia depressa and all the monitors along with most of the snakes. I would love to be the only one there though lol it was a little crowded.

opening times

Can any one tell me what time the expo is open tomorrow and what time it finishes.

Pines

Thanks Pythonmum, heading down from Goulburn and taking the kids so I'll have to leave about 7 in the morning. Dont know whos looking forward to it more me or the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back