Frog I.D.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dippy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can I.D. this little frog i found last night at my neighbours letter box... I think it may be a little baby Verraux's Tree Frog but not sure

Attachments

• Frpg.jpg
    Frpg.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 88
Young Peron's Tree Frog (Litoria peronii) I think. Verraux's doesn't have the cross-shaped pupil as do the Laughing Tree Frogs.

Laughing tree frog? :lol: are they appropriately named because they sound like they're laughing? I've heard ones around here, or something around here that sounds like a dog barking. Can't remember what I was told they most likely would be but I know it was suggested some type of frog.

If it sounds like a dog barking then perhaps a Barking Marsh Frog? Don't know where you are located though. ;P

Anyway I agree, although I like to call them Maniacal Cackle Frogs, or you know usually just perons.

A friend and I were fishing on the Turon river a few weeks ago, and being a wet day, as night fell, we we nearly deafened by what sounded like 10,000 Predator aliens!!!! after a look in the river oaks along the banks, we found thousands of these little guys. Didnt know what they were, so looked them up and found an audio of their call.... and I love to call them one of their common names too, the maniacal cackle frog! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back