Frog ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontePython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I had these blokes turn up in my emersed setup over winter around 20 or so tadpoles. I am in Newcastle, NSW if that helps with ident, they are about 25mm long. Also can they be sexed. They dont sing and as they are at my back door i think it is pretty cool to have them as neighbours. Pardon the piccies they are hard to shoot with my camera.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I hope i get some more tadpoles this year.

just pulled the emersed tank apart and transfered it to a 4fter frogs and all, only 3 left from the 20 or so at the start of summer, but found a couple more in my other ponds. These guys can leave any time they like as there is a log poking out of the top of the tank as an exit/entrance.

Can i feed them anything to help them on their way? I put mozzie lavae in the water when i remember so i assume they eat them when they hatch. preferably something found around the house.

cheers

Last edited:
By 'can I feed them anything to help them on their way?' I assume you mean make them grow faster?
When I first got tadpoles from a breeder, I was told to put yellow grass, about as yellow as hay, into the water.
The iodine makes their bones grow faster, in turn making them grow limbs faster, and metamorph faster.
I don't know if that's true, but my big taddies morphed in 3 weeks.

yeah make them grow keep them healthier than fending for themselves in a glass enclosure bugs have a hard time geting into. I dont see too many bugs in there so i thaught maybe i could add some till they leave. Plenty of flies around atm so ill throw some of them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back