Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean_Mooloolaba

Reaction score
Hello. I found these tadpoles in a small rockpool of a stream. The area is in Buderim, Sunshine Coast, Qld, wet sclerophyll/light rainforest. The eyelids are bright orange with a black stripe running from the nostril through the eye to the shoulder. there is a prominent white strip under this. They are becoming lighter green as they age. This one is two weeks old.

Attachments

• P1130071.jpg
    P1130071.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 124
  • P1130070.jpg
    P1130070.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 128
  • P1130072.jpg
    P1130072.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 110
  • P1120965.jpg
    P1120965.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I haven't really seen enough of these at a metamorph stage to be sure, but I believe it's likely to be a L.gracilenta, based on distribution (it's obviously a tree frog) and ruling out other similar species such as L.caerulea and L.fallax due to having seen many of those at this size.

Looks like a metamorph Litoria dentata.
Edit: Actually agree with above statement, the square nose fits gracilenta well.

I would also include L. chloris as a possibility, as they have the same short,squared-off snout and the metamorphs go through the same brown to yellow to green transition in colour.

Blue

They are either Litoria gracilenta or Litoria chloris. Most likely L. chloris if it is breeding near rainforest streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back