Frog ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEWY

Reaction score
I recently spent the weekend at a friend's place in Gloucester NSW.
It was a cool night, so we spent the night chasing frogs rather than trying to look for snakes.
The were plenty about and the noise was deafening giving clues to their true numbers.
We could hear about seven different calls but were only able to see three species.
fallax were every where and weren't shy, so to were the Perons.
Were saw a few specimens of a frog we could ID, and as they were always just under a lilypad, couldn't get any photos.
It wasn't til the next day that I realised that the first frog we saw and tried to sync our flashes on was one of these frogs.
Sorry for the pic, but it was the best that could be done before he ducked away, they were quite shy.

Cheers

JD
IMG_2497.jpg

yep I'm pretty sure that's definitely a frog; one of the experts here might be able to confirm..... Looks like one of those amphibious jumping types.

To me this frog looks like a spotted marsh frog of sorts, as it has green spots on its body, also i dont think its a whirring tree frog as the toes on the frog are much longer and slender, they also dont look like they have the sticky pads of which a tree frog has!

So my best guess would be a spotted marsh frog but im probably wrong XD just looks like one to me also because of the dorsal stripe along its back (unless this is just a reflection) If you could here a pock or tock sound its most likely a spotted marsh frog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back