Frog Pond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sueben

Reaction score
Looking to create a frog pond at the kindergarten where i teach. Any tips please.

Local council or Dept Edu....might...be able to put you onto a frogpondscaper....Mt Kiera School nsw may still have details of the guy who did ours many years ago....
Depending on location....if you build it (and plant the right plants) they will come.

Currently looking at my frog pond, which has a fat male pobblebonk croaking happily in it.

My pond is a 350l pre-fabricated pond, which has a variety of plants - all bought from bunnings. The plant is surrounded in lush plant-life, and I have seen at least 3 frogs in it in the past week.
Be sure to include an easy-to-get-out-of ramp, so no frogs drown. I use a small natural log slanting up one side. Filtration is not required given there is enough plant life, but what movement is a good idea to prevent insect and mosquitos breeding.
No fish - they'll eat the eggs.

I recommend a mixture of swamp and floating plants - underwater plants are optional, but do provide good hiding places for tadpoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back