Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrochordus

Reaction score
Well me and my family went up to the Mid North Coast the other week and i finally got to meet Ryan Harvey, some off you's might know him as ryanharvey1993 or jamesf55 or Mrgoodspeed, here are some of the herps and frogs i found with Ryan and on offer occassions.

First i will start of with the Herps that were at the property that i stayed at, all up i saw 4 Jacky Dragons Amphibolurus muricatus they are very common were i stayed. Only bothered to get pictures of this guy because he was the most copperative.

Herping049.jpg

Herping052.jpg

Herping051.jpg

Herping057.jpg

Also got a picture of one of more than couple Eastern Stiped Skinks Ctenotus robustus that were running in the front yard.

Herping001.jpg

My dad found a Blackish Blind Snake Ramphotyphlops nigrescens under a rock in the front yard, he spewed on my dad as you can see in the first picture, he must have been eating the ant larvae.

Herping007.jpg

Herping009.jpg

They were all the reptiles i found were i stayed.

Then me and Ryan whent out and checked some of his tin, we didn't find any snakes, but we did found 2 other Eastern Stiped Skinks Ctenotus robustus and a Baby Jacky Dragon Amphibolurus muricatus. Here are the pictures.

Herping017.jpg

Herping018.jpg

Herping019.jpg

Herping022.jpg

The whole time i was up there the weather was soo bad, every day it rained soo it wasen't the best weather to find stuff, but me and Ryan whent frogging one night at one of his spots were he goes night herping allot.

We got to spot, it was raining abitt but the frogs were going of, we were having trouble with driving because all the frogs were jumping on and of the road. We stopped at this spot and straight away i spotted this Marsh Snake Hemiaspis signata in a little puddle, i was quiet happy to see a Marsh Snake since i dont really see them down my area. Here are the pictures.

IMG_06222.jpg

IMG_06255.jpg

IMG_06288.jpg

IMG_06266.jpg

At the same spot we found the Marsh Snake, there were heaps of Red Eyed Green Tree Frogs Litoria chloris , every metre or so there would be another one, Ryan said this is the most hes has seen at this spot here are the pictures.

Herping041.jpg

Herping040.jpg

Herping039.jpg

We moved on to another spot were there is allot of Great Barred Frogs Mixophyes fasciolatus as Ryan said, we got there and they were going off, i got pictures of this specimen.

IMG_06377.jpg

IMG_06388.jpg

IMG_06411.jpg

When it comes to frogs, i really do neglect them allot, since i dont find them as interesting as reptiles are. These are some of the names of the others frogs we saw on the night. But i didn't get pictures.

Litoria chloris
Litoria fallax
Litoria dentata
Litoria peroni
Litoria revelata
Litoria tyleri
Limnodynastes peroni
Mixophyes fasciolatus
Uperoleia fusca

We then moved onto the spot were Ryan finds a specie of leaf tailed geckos called Saltuarius moritzi. We got there and whent for a walk, but we were unsuccessful in finding any off them, but we did come across a Crayfish walking along the track, i didn't get pictures but Ryan did look at his thread it's called Frogging, contains a reptile picture.

So that was the end of the night, i really enjoyed myself getting out looking for stuff and i have to do this more often down my way.

Also pictures of Peron's Tree Frog Litoria peronii that were hanging around were i stayed and also a picture of a Rocket Frog Litoria nasuta and an eel that was in the dam.

Herping044.jpg

Herping045.jpg

Herping046.jpg

Herping048.jpg

Herping047.jpg

Thats all the stuff i found while up at the Mid North Coast.

Thanks Tim.

nice pictures Tim, looks like a good little trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back