From this to this.Scrubbies new enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemal

Reaction score
20120616_172501.jpg20120622_163639.jpg20120625_075458.jpg20120625_182510.jpg20120627_173438.jpg

A few days of rainy weather and this is it all finished .Not bad for someone who hated woodwork at school .Scrubby is going to love the extra room she will have but the only trouble is i have to actually get in the cage to get her out or clean .Fun times ahead i think .

the only trouble is i have to actually get in the cage to get her out or clean .Fun times ahead i think .
well atleast theres enough room for you 2 to wrestle in there if it comes to it :)

wow now thats a dedicated scrubby enclosure :) haha just think, u'll have extra bonding time with her in there lol do u have a pic of the scrubby goin in there?

That is awesome, scrubby will give u huge cuddles for that!! :p

wow now thats a dedicated scrubby enclosure :) haha just think, u'll have extra bonding time with her in there lol do u have a pic of the scrubby goin in there?

Only got it finished late this afternoon so probably leave it till the weekend to shift her ...

That is one massive enclosure
whats the size

2.4 long X 2.0 high X 1.2 wide .Weighs around 200kgs but fairly easy to move around on its 8 wheels

She is at 13ft now but 9 times out of 10 she is a real bitch .Lost plenty of blood to her .

Last edited:
Is the cage staying in the shed? If not you will have fun manourvering that through doors to get it inside.
Awesoem job!

That looks fantastic! You may have hated woodwork but you clearly must have paid enough attention still. :lol:

Is the cage staying in the shed? If not you will have fun manourvering that through doors to get it inside.
Awesoem job!

No this is a shed enclosure . The house i'm in has 2 double garages so room is no problem but has been built so it will fit under panel lift garage doors if i ever have to shift from here .

Apparently "Size Matters".

Didn't they have one of those in Mad Max - Thunderdome. Cage of Death

Awesome project - that should impress the guests watching the wrestling match

ahahaha I love how you tinted the doors...you can invite people round and tell them-sure mate, toilet's through here......

Wholllllly Crappers. Thats a big enclosure...and a good sized snake. Will she get much bigger? What do you feed her! Looks awesome tho mate.

You can always now have the option of using it as a granny flat, well done!! :)

Great work,how do you heat something like that,do you use a kids pool as a water bowl?

Wholllllly Crappers. Thats a big enclosure...and a good sized snake. Will she get much bigger? What do you feed her! Looks awesome tho mate.
Yeah she will get bigger .At 13ft (4.0 mtr) she is still only a baby .She was on rabbits when i could get them but now mostly rats (roughly 1 kg every 7 to 10 days )
.She eats chooks(1 kg) and has fed well on the odd Guineapig .

Great work,how do you heat something like that,do you use a kids pool as a water bowl?
Heat cord and lights will sort the heating problem out and there will be a large tub at one end for her to soak in .Measured the ensuite in the house last night and this cage is a bit bigger than it .

Last edited:
Yeah she will get bigger .At 13ft (4.0 mtr) she is still only a baby .She was on rabbits when i could get them but now mostly rats (roughly 1 kg every 7 to 10 days )
.She eats chooks(1 kg) and has fed well on the odd Guineapig .

Heat cord and lights will sort the heating problem out and there will be a large tub at one end for her to soak in .Measured the ensuite in the house last night and this cage is a bit bigger than it .

Geeze would be expensive...unless you had your own chicken pen :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back