Frontline on snakes for mites?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
most snakes will continually soak themselves in water to kill the mite once they have them.
You will see tiny black dots in the bottom of the bowl.
Once they are heavily infested with them you will see tiny white specks on the snake, especially around the head and neck area, these are the mites droppings.

I always use TOD, never had a problem......you use the spray to fog out the enclosure (remove any food and waterbowl) NEVER spray directly on the animal. I could be wrong but I have heard that TOD can be deadly to adders.

i used tod and my reptile got poisened and almost died do not spray near reptile keep well away spray in cage with no reptile and let arate wipe down everything

What is wrong with Orange Medic? I ahve talked to a number of large breeders who still sware by it. From what I've read there is a suggestion that the addition of teatree oil is detrimental to snakes. Is there evidence of this or is it another internet fact. ( write it three times and it is true).

The new orange medic has a much higher concentration of permetherin than the old orange medic. Its over 10 times higher if memory serves me correct. This may be why people are having problems, not just because of the tea tree oil.

I also used to use orange medic and it was awesome. But stopped using using it when I heard about them changing the formula. I now use TOD, never had a problem with it. Besides, if you buy a yellow can of TOD you get a free pic of my female olive python on every can. ;):D
You should also treat every 3 days as the life cycle of a mite can be from egg to adult in 3 to 4 days.

Cheers
Daz

wokka, its the tea tree oil in the orange medic plus.
Its very toxic to reptiles, its very toxic to most things from what i understand.

wokka, its the tea tree oil in the orange medic plus.
Its very toxic to reptiles, its very toxic to most things from what i understand.

Have you tried the new orange medic plus at the new dosage rate?

coedred, no i wont use it becuase of the tea tree oil in it, not the permethirn.
Its quite dangerous stuff to most creatures from what ive been told.

coedred, no i wont use it becuase of the tea tree oil in it, not the permethirn.
Its quite dangerous stuff to most creatures from what ive been told.

I dont blame you I wouldnt use it either. But I wouldnt be suprised if some of the bad results were due to overdosing of permethrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back