Full Compost ! Very Full

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My mates neighbour popped her head over the fence yesterday to ask if he knew anyone who could remove a snake from her compost ASAP . She wanted it gone or dead and now ! He called a local snakeman and told him to please hurry he came out and began looking for the snake after a little while and 1 RBB , 2RBB , 3RBB , 4 i started feeling a lil uneasy myself and this went on until he was finally satisfied that he had rid her compost of not one or even 4 RBB's but a total of 17 Red Belly Black Snakes all in one compost bin .... Wow I thought . Dont even want to think about whats in mine after seeing that ! Anyway just thought Id share :):D

:shock: Now I love snakes, but that would scare the crap outta me! Just one venomous snake on my property makes me uneasy (which is understandable) let alone 17 :shock:

Thats strange, I didnt know RBB's lived in Indonesia ;)

Last edited:
up-price it and sell it off as a snake catching machine... garunteed 17 snakes in your first week or just send it back for a full refund less the postage!

RBB's normally hang around near areas with water not far away as i know there are plenty around Merrimac on the Gold Coast and a friend of mine who is a Dr of Zooology said thats their normal habitat near water. RBB in compost if thats the case doesn't sound likely? can other experts comment on this?

I would think he is a lucky bloketo have all those snakes! he had a decent collection with out rvrn trying

mje777... : i think anywhere warm and most probably attracts rodents would be fair game for a snake, plus i live no where near water and my place is covered in them :)

Last edited:
I hate to admit it but im with snakeluvver.Some snakes are nice and some are nasty.The type that make my butt pucker are the nasty ones.

I don't think rbbs are nasty, in fact, from what I hear theyre quite placid. But gens just scare me if they're on my property

thursday just gets better.

how big was this bin?
and who was the snake catcher? i'd love to verify this story....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back