Gaboon Viper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumby

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just expressing my love for this beautiful serpent :)

Wondering if anyone else also has a love for them??

as they are the largest viper known to man and they have the longest venomous fangs at around 2 inches, who doesn't love such a beautiful animal :D

How do you like these.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 12.00.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 12.00.54 PM.png
    523 KB · Views: 585
My favourite viper species is probably the eyelash viper.
eye_1.jpg

Amen Atheris Chlorechis is the best

Atheris_chlorechis-1w.png

bushmaster is the longest viper in the world the heaviest viper is the Gaboon viper a bit like the anaconda and reticulated python longest vs heaviest

Friends of mine in 2004
Only 1.6m. Never got to catch one myself.

gaboons are beast as hell, by far my favorite elapid other than tassie tigers, even though they don't do a whole lot, the way they take their food and look is so good, if i ever got the opportunity i would definitely own one.

gaboons are beast as hell, by far my favorite elapid other than tassie tigers, even though they don't do a whole lot, the way they take their food and look is so good, if i ever got the opportunity i would definitely own one.

Gaboon vipers are not elapids, they are vipers. The giveaway clue is the word viper in their name ;)

Really? 1.6m? Looks a bit bigger. Nice looking viper.

You're right. 2.6m typo, my bad. This is the regular size they find in Tambopata.
Of course there are smaller and larger ones there, they are just so rarely encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back