Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to keep some when i was 5, like most kids did :p
here is the only picture i got with my dads camera - this one had a regen tail (only 1 i had that did)
i really want some, but like you, i cant find any :(

Attachments

• SDC13380.jpg
    SDC13380.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 120
  • SDC13381.jpg
    SDC13381.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 135
No, I've only just moved back to Australia and I don't have my own house yet so no reptiles until at least after christmas, but I'm interested in small skinks and i especially like Ctenotus species so i might get some in the near future.

good thing about living in SA mate is its possible to legally collect reps for captive breeding, thats how i'm hoping to get Morethia adelaidensis, Menetia grayii and some lerista sp

Love these little critters :)

Always nice when they stay still enough for you to get a few shots too :)

4220943483_d9d593f0ec_z.jpg

4220926363_01eb9c65fe_z.jpg

Jess, do you know what species you get down there? Quite different looking to our locals, will get pics :)

Yeh that one is a bit dif normally Lampropholis guichenoti (the first pic i posted at the start of thread) N i've seen a few dif ones very similar just slightly dif markings like richoman's pics which i would have said were grass skinks.
Post up your pics :D

Used to keep so many when i was lil too Richoman :)

Great shots Bradchip n Red-Ink :D

That last one was 'smokin' :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah but no documentation is required so if you did catch them then no one could prosecute you unless you were caught.

Naivety?...Yes, I think so.

The Fauna Permit Unit are very quick to notice incorrect captive numbers and the introduction of 'source-less' animals. People with permits agree to be subjected to random spot inspections at any time and any animal, exempt or not, must have its origins explained; with ALL necessary details of the seller such as address, permit number and knowledge of the animals origin before-hand (who it was bred by etc) at any time should they ask for the details.

People think just because SA have an exempt schedule and it is possible to obtain take-from-the-wild permits, that it is a simple task in introducing wild animals into the hobby but it isn't. Those whom think they can just catch a bunch of animals on the exempt list then claim they were sourced legally deserve to be caught. Should you be asked where they all came from, inspectors/ officers will see right through you and your lies, before and after the investigation into your supposed source and I for one have no problem with all the animals you keep being confiscated and a ban placed on obtaining a fauna permit in the future.

I know of several people breeding certain skink species, be they locals to Adelaide or not, but they are the result of determination and persistence in breeding captive animals, not the effort required to lift up rocks, logs and fill a container with them.

but then again its still innocent till proven guilty and unless there are photos or witnesses there is no real proof

I guess it would be pretty obvious if a new species suddenly appears in the trade and there were no legally collected ones, Plus why would you take the risk?

Back on topic of Garden skink pics, Rescued this little fella from the dogs water bowl this morning

Attachments

• DSCF1567.jpg
    DSCF1567.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 157
-Matt- awesome pics what are those?

That one is tiny Hornet, they are alot dif to the ones in my backyard, yours are alot more brown i have seen those here too tho.

nice skink boxhedjr ;)

Gosh after seeing all these pics makes me want them so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's gotta be someone out there with them!!!

With the legal keeping of skinks as discussed above, I have a question about another common species -- the Weasel Skink...
Their name isn't on the taxa available for keeping on the DSE list, even without a license.
So what's this, why not?
They're common in Vic, and my friend, so far, has caught 2 illegally (we kept them for a month or two at school).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back