Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take these photo's but I think juvenile Five-lined Skinks look awesome. To bad they’re not Australian

pcd3912_063.jpg

eumfas2.jpg

Yeh they look wicked with that bright blue tail :) Would def get one if they were in Australia!

Found this guy today under a step out the front (Just a wooden sleeper) and obviously i took some pics, you don't see this everyday!

Attachments

• DSC01158.jpg
    DSC01158.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 194
Found this guy today under a step out the front (Just a wooden sleeper) and obviously i took some pics, you don't see this everyday!

its not overly uncommon to see that, happens when the tail is damaged to a certain point, a new tail is regrown but the old one isnt lost

great pics :) the skink pic I last posted up on this thread was out sunning in the same spot but she is minus the eggs and Heaps quicker lol

garden skinks

Here is some shots of some little fellasin my backyard.

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 150
IMGP8920.jpgFound this little one today, nice rare find
Eulamprus heatwolei, yellow bellied water skink,
IMGP8923.jpg

A few we've come across

IMG_2116.jpg

Water Skink, Batemans Bay

IMG_2732.jpg

Shaded Litter Rainbow Skink (I think?), Katherine Gorge

IMG_2739.jpg

Unknown Skink (anyone know what he is?), Katherine Gorge

IMG_2752.jpg

Snake Eyed Skink, Katherine Gorge

IMG_2538.jpg

Water Skink, Mt Kira Lookout, Wollongong

IMG_0685.jpg

Yellow Blotched Forest Skink, Mount Hypipamee National Park, FNQ

Last edited:
An old family friend used to live in Gippsland... i remember visiting her as a kid and her front yard was full of little skinks with blue tails. Can anyone shed some light as to what species this would have been?

Lerista zietzi and Ctenotus calurus are the only aussie species i know that have blue tails, but neither of them are found near Gippsland. Theres also an Emoia found on christmas island with a blue tail.

hmmmm..... perplexing! Ill have to go back there one day and see if i can find some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back