Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell477

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Im about to start research on a paper and the aim is to examine the link between a group that is discriminated against in Australia and their issues. There is a bit more to it but thats the core of it.

I am sincerely trying not to phrase anything here that is offensive or politically incorrect.

I have chosen to examine to discrimination against gay people, and I want to know issues that affect you. Particularly, laws that discriminate against you. How these issues affect you in all ways.

Any input would be great!

Feel free to PM if you like.

Shell

What about reptile keepers being discriminated against by the government :)

Haha are we? I dont think my teacher would really see the relevance or impact that has on society as a whole... :)

Pretty much any minority is discriminated in some sense.

Some stuff that you can look up are the first house assistance laws and see if that correlates with same sex couples.
You should look at the legal age for same sex sex as well and compare that to the legal hetrosexual sex age.

Even making a comparison to other cultures and countries where gays are completely accepted would be good and looking at the laws their.

thought for a moment you were posting about gay snakes.but every person is discriminated against for something.imo it's just the frequency of the event that causes the outrage.

seriously the gay issue is not as bad as it was when i was younger, just look at tv today its the norm.
and look at most the movie stars sooner or latter they come out.
i worked with a gay guy for around 5yrs i was ok with it, i really think religion is the main factor with discrimination of any race.

My best mate was just thrown out of home by his dad for being gay. I think there is still discrimination.

theres the whole gay marriage and same sex couples adopting issues.

My best mate was just thrown out of home by his dad for being gay. I think there is still discrimination.

yes the mate i worked with was also thrown out by his dad but his dad came around in the end if you really think about it as a father it would be hard ( your son needs to carry your name on and on but it takes a female to help this along).
your mate will be fine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I very much doubt his dad will come round. He will be fine because he is now with his accepting half brother and in a nurturing home. It has gotten to the point in their father son relationship that my mate has come to the conclusion that he wants nothing to do with his father. (They have had other issues).

My auntie says "God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."

why do people have to actively tell you there gay (come out) i dont feel the need to tell people i like females

I think they tell people so they can get it off their chest. Liking girls (As a male) is normal so you don't tell anyone, it's socially accepted whereas being gay not as widely accepted

why do people have to actively tell you there gay (come out) i dont feel the need to tell people i like females
they dont know it but most of the time we already know they are gay anyway (its not that hard to tell!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i think being gay would be a pain in the butt !!

ha ha classic

I think they tell people so they can get it off their chest. Liking girls (As a male) is normal so you don't tell anyone, it's socially accepted whereas being gay not as widely accepted

i understand this (as i am a bow hunter but i dont have feel thje need to tell my grandmar that i do this ) seems like preeching to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back