Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I have against gays is when I see photos of some real HUNKS in the paper, and magazines, or on tv, and I think geez ................... WHAT a WASTE!!!!!!
LOL, when I worked in the male revue show and some of the gay guys did their thing and the girls would go off their heads...we always used too laugh and say IF ONLY THEY KNEW"...funny stuff!!
I do remember one guy I knew who was ex-manpower and I saw him do a show (he didn't know I was there) at a mixed club (gay/straight) on Oxford St in sydney....put it this way I thought he was straigt until I saw him do his act as a surprise birthday present for a gay guy at the club...lol He was one to turn the chicks wild! Another was the best looking guy I have seen and the gils literally screamed theiur heads off when seeing him...he was from the US and worked as one of the Chippendale waiters before coming to Australia, he was great guy, but couldn't keep his snake in his pants with both men & women and unfortunately the poor bugger died of aids. I think this dude was to go this way because of the way he lived his life!!

This could be a whole new thread!

Indeed. All the statistics I've seen show gay parents are just as good (sometimes better) than straight parents.
The only disadvantage is that they tend to be bullied more for having gay parents.

Sociologists would give anything to prove it stemmed from social factors, they hate biology :) (and all real science laughs at them lol)

Yea, Steven Pinker's book 'The Blank Slate' did a terrific job at tearing down hard line nurture theory. Apparently real science is actually sexist and supports patriarchy.. Plenty of lefty feminists like that who get all emotional and conspiratorial without ANY evidence or valid explanation.

I'm not going to get into the nitty grittie's of biology on a forum mate. It is a biological reason, and it has to do with hormones.

Or, to be more specific and correct, it is believed (again, there's nothing conclusive) prenatal exposure to hormones not only shapes the development of the reproductive system, but also sexuality of the developing brain. The second-to-forth digit ratio of fingers is believed to be an indicator of prenatal hormone exposure.

If it was purely hormonal, sexuality / orientation could be easily changed. It can't. Even if it could, why should it?

Last edited:
kawasaki, considering it is not completely known what "causes" homosexuality (if much at all), how can you keep repeating that line?

The only thing I have against gays is when I see photos of some real HUNKS in the paper, and magazines, or on tv, and I think geez ................... WHAT a WASTE!!!!!!

it's not a waste for the other gay men though ahha jealousy is such a curse ;)
and really, what hope do most normal people (and I mean pure attractive level) have of ever getting a really nice looking person? (keep in mind nice and attractive are purely objective terms)

me being Bi, I can't understand how either side can be so picky ;P lol
spread the joy you selfish buggers :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
An old quote I heard which was a reversal of one thing we glbti hear, I thought was classic,...I think it was a comedian who said it.

"I don't mind you straights, just as long as you act gay around us" Heterophobia, lol

Last edited:
An old quote I heard which was a reversal of one thing we glbti hear, I thought was classic,...I think it was a comedian who said it.

"I don't mind you straights, just as long as you act gay around us" Heterophobia, lol

Smithers, what is the i in GLBTI, it's actually GLBTQ.

And I'm against GLBTQ anyway, it's so hard to say in a presentation when your saying it at least once a paragraph, we need an acronym that spells a word so it's easier to say!

Smithers, what is the i in GLBTI, it's actually GLBTQ.

And I'm against GLBTQ anyway, it's so hard to say in a presentation when your saying it at least once a paragraph, we need an acronym that spells a word so it's easier to say!

I = Intersex

It's insane how long I've seen that acronym at times with the way people find other letters to tack on the end

Well 'I' isn't included in the official one for Mardi Gras or ACON. First time i've heard of it.

Im surprised nobody has been suspended yet, although there has been quite some heated arguments it has remained fairly non-abusive.

I am also surprised this thread hasnt been closed yet.

It definitely went off track but I did get LOTS of useful insight :)

Yeah I was surprised the blow up between Kawasaki and Crystal stayed. Like you say it's actually a really interesting, insightful thread and since nobody in particular has been targeted there's no problem with a bit of heated discussion IMO

"Reason: because it was stupid."
lol come on Gillsy I'm sure it wasn't that bad :p

I = Intersex

It's insane how long I've seen that acronym at times with the way people find other letters to tack on the end

Yeah I had to ask what the I was myself..lol A transgender flatmate told me a while back. I have noticed on occasion the GLBTQI is slightly altered to suit the particular group that is commenting like in ads for lesbian groups LGBTQI and why not I say ;)

I am also amazed this thread continues to excist past that awkward segment between those two mentioned and wanna thank the mods for not closing it and letting continue with some informative thoughts ideas. ;)

@Recharge, or anyone else that cares to answer. Does being BI mean you can love both men and women emotionaly or is it purely a physical thing? Obviously for gay people it runs a lot deeper than just physical attraction.

I gather that a lot of gay guys and gals had hetero relationships before they decided to be true with themselves and their sexuality, did any of you love your hetero partners in the same sense as you love your gay partners?

I know I upset a few people, and although it wasn't my intention I knew my beliefs would, however I think there is some positive to be taken from my posts, that is, they have given you the opportunity to put your beliefs and ideas forward about a subject that is obviously important to the wider gay community.
I am not sold on whether gay couples should be parents, or should be allowed access to adoption/ivf etc, but I will say that I am questioning some of the reasons I feel this way towards gay couples raising children.
I don't believe my views are discriminatory but if others feel they are I make know apologies. As a community whether we are gay, bi, straight, black, white or whatever, we have a responsibility as adults to protect our children, not just our own, all of them. As a community we need to install and maintain laws, standards, guidelines and policies which help insure that our children are given the best opportunity to grow up in an environment that is condusive to their good health and wellbeing. I believe the rights of children come before the rights of gay couples because they are depending on us to make the right decision for them.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe gay couples should be given the same opportunities afforded everyone else to raise their own families, or maybe I'm right. Should we give ourselves, as a society, the opportunity to fail our children even further? People have used the argument that there is drugies and abusers etc raising children, agreed, but does this mean we should give society another opportunity to fail them?

I understand that some of you are passionate advocates for gay rights and equality, but to those that felt abusing me would help get their message across you are mistaken, in all likely hood if you react in the same way everytime someone with similar views to me speaks up, they'll just rally against you even harder

@Recharge, or anyone else that cares to answer. Does being BI mean you can love both men and women emotionaly or is it purely a physical thing? Obviously for gay people it runs a lot deeper than just physical attraction.

I gather that a lot of gay guys and gals had hetero relationships before they decided to be true with themselves and their sexuality, did any of you love your hetero partners in the same sense as you love your gay partners?

That^^^^^^^ is an EXTREMELY interesting question. Good thinking.

I gather that a lot of gay guys and gals had hetero relationships before they decided to be true with themselves and their sexuality, did any of you love your hetero partners in the same sense as you love your gay partners? Yes I was married for 12 yrs and have come out only 4 yrs ago. It was mainly the pressure from society family and the like stopped me being who I always wanted to be. I loved my wife for who she is as a person and was attracted to her being and all her fantastic attributes but of course the over all it's not the same, just put yourself in the same situation in your mind you just know it's not right for you.

I know I upset a few people, and although it wasn't my intention I knew my beliefs would, however I think there is some positive to be taken from my posts, that is, they have given you the opportunity to put your beliefs and ideas forward about a subject that is obviously important to the wider gay community.
I am not sold on whether gay couples should be parents, or should be allowed access to adoption/ivf etc, but I will say that I am questioning some of the reasons I feel this way towards gay couples raising children. What are you reasons?
I don't believe my views are discriminatory but if others feel they are I make know apologies. As a community whether we are gay, bi, straight, black, white or whatever, we have a responsibility as adults to protect our children, not just our own, all of them. Protecting from what? Kids will be hassled bullied at school for anything, having a mole on your face can get you a nickname with torment attached when at school kids are cruel it's a fact but we can't sugar coat life or make plastic bubbles on a of chance something may happen. As a community we need to install and maintain laws, standards, guidelines and policies which help insure that our children are given the best opportunity to grow up in an environment that is condusive to their good health and wellbeing. I believe the rights of children come before the rights of gay couples because they are depending on us to make the right decision for them. What if you ask a child if they'd like to spend the rest of their days in an orphanage or have two people that want to do the right thing and educate love and promote personal growth giving a loving supportive upbringing.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe gay couples should be given the same opportunities afforded everyone else to raise their own families, or maybe I'm right. Should we give ourselves, as a society, the opportunity to fail our children even further?How is it a fail to love support and help a child grow into a respecting open minded adult? People have used the argument that there is drugies and abusers etc raising children, agreed, but does this mean we should give society another opportunity to fail them? Is this from any personal experience that you know children will be failed by GLBTQI community?

I understand that some of you are passionate advocates for gay rights and equality, but to those that felt abusing me would help get their message across you are mistaken, in all likely hood if you react in the same way everytime someone with similar views to me speaks up, they'll just rally against you even harder
I guess when you get a chance to voice your opinon on a subject that not to many really want to talk or hear about you jump in both feet to get your point across. It may be that because the shoe's not on the other foot you don't totally understand how it feels to be suppressed discriminated against.I agree with you abuse is abuse it solves nothing and makes things worse for all.

Thanks for asking Steve and cheers for admitting your thoughts and or beliefs are having a check up in your mind, nice to hear.

This poll is interesting... 2063 for gay marriage and 11552 against!
MPs back same-sex marriage motion | Courier Mail

2064 for now ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back