G'day from the Up Over

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagman

Reaction score
G'day,

My name is Thomas. I'm not Australian, but I do have an obsession with Australian reptiles. I'm from Goodman, Missouri, USA. My first, and only so far, Australian reptile was a Burton's Legless Lizard (Liailis burtonis). Unfortunately, I didn't have this animal for too long. It was sold to me as a Tanzanian Legless Skink (Acontias percivali), which is an insectivore. However, Lialis burtonis feeds almost exclusively on small lizards, which I was unable to provide year-round in my temperate climate. Even though this wasn't an ideal experience, I found Lialis burtonis to be a very interesting captive, and a fascination with Australian lizards of the family Pygopodidae came out of it. I would love to hear about Pygopodidae species that members here are keeping and their experiences with them!

Other reptiles I keep include: 2 Ball Pythons (Python regius), 1 Red-tailed Boa (Boa constrictor constrictor), and 1 Javan File Snake (Acrochordus javanicus).

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back