Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beano05

Reaction score
Hello everyone who reads this message

I am currently trying to get a permit for a baby water python found near my house in the NT.
I do have all the gear to look after it.

I'm very sorry but you can't just go find a water python (or any Australian reptile) and keep it (Unless in the N.T the rules are different (but I don't think they are)). You'll have to let it go and buy one (Or just forget about permits and if they ever catch ya, plead ignorance ;))

Last edited:
You can get a permit to catch and keep in the NT. May be worth calling Parks and Wildlife and asking how to obtain a permit to catch one. I think the animal will have to be caught of private land.

:( don't take a animal out of the wild unless it is injured and you can help it's chance of survival. It's just wrong.

G'day Beano,

Ever seen an Oenpelli Python? I would love to see some photos of a wild one.

Cheers

Thanks for your replies

Thanks all for your replies. I have sent in for a permit one to care for injured reptiles and one to get from the wild (with permission from the Traditional Land Owner).
it was dropped by a bird but doesn't seem to be injured. I am looking at purchasing one but after looking on the web I haven't been succesful.

I have seen an Oenpelli python (it looks like a childrens python on roids) but only once and was unfortunate to not have my camera. The local aboriginals have told me how they stand up straight and still waitng for passing wallabies, truly amazing stuff. I am going to apply for a permit to get a M/F Oenpelli python for breeding purposes. Our local ranger have told me many have tried but been rejected but I might have a better chance becaude the snakes would be in Oenpelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back