Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler97

Reaction score
Ok well I want to get a gecko but I am not sure which gecko would be great for a beginner. I have kept beardies before and I am now keeping 1 water dragon, 1 childrens pythons and a BHP. Also if you can tell me if they are easy to look after and their cage requirements? Thanks in advance!

Cheers Tyler

Personally I think just about any of the common geckos on the market could be tackled by a beginner, so just pick one that you like the look of

Tyler, Your best bet to start with is a Thick-Tailed Gecko - (Underwoodisaurus Milii. These require no heat or uv lighting and can be housed in a 2ft tank with a male and female. ;) Check my albums for pics of Fred,Carlos,Wilma and Stosur for pics.

Feed and mist sides of tank every second or 3rd days. Thicktails do not like excessive heat so on the hot hot days I put the tub on the bathroom floor.

Good luck in your hunt for a new reptile ;)

Anything really. But id suggest a knob tail gecko. But thats all ive had so yeah. i have some hatchies and 8 in the incubator aswell :)

What about a Bynoes Gecko or 2?

Tyler, Your best bet to start with is a Thick-Tailed Gecko - (Underwoodisaurus Milii. These require no heat or uv lighting and can be housed in a 2ft tank with a male and female. ;) Check my albums for pics of Fred,Carlos,Wilma and Stosur for pics.

Feed and mist sides of tank every second or 3rd days. Thicktails do not like excessive heat so on the hot hot days I put the tub on the bathroom floor.

Good luck in your hunt for a new reptile ;)

What is the average price?

Anything really. But id suggest a knob tail gecko. But thats all ive had so yeah. i have some hatchies and 8 in the incubator aswell :)

Is that a hint that you are selling them? haha If you are how much?

Kind of, but im not ready to sell yet. just sugesting this type of gecko

Yeah they are alright. But if i were to get something that looke like that, have a look at a box patterned gecko, i think they look great but i dont really see them much for sale.

I would recommend a Nephrurus Levis (smooth knobtailed gecko) They are pretty easy to take care of, pm me and I can give u some more info. I also have some available at the moment.

Alright so i have decided to get a pair of knob tail geckos. What are their cage requirements etc.. Basically what will i need to do to keep them as i am going to build the enclosure my self. What cage dimensions, heat, etc. Things like that :)

Like this. Little ones is for the hatchies big ones are set up for wheeleri and levis. Red one is levis and yellow is wheeleri.

Attachments

• DSC_0648.jpg
    DSC_0648.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_9564.jpg
    DSC_9564.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_9563.jpg
    DSC_9563.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 136
I would say Thick-Tailed Gecko, they are extremely easy to keep and there cheap, I see them anywhere from $50-$100 depending on age and who you get them from.

I think its minimum of 12x14 inches floor space for a pair.

Yeah a heat cord is fine, just dont put it inside the tub lol.
They do not need much height as they are terrestrial (they do not climb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back