Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. His parents are Rick Walker red and yellow line. Hoping to get him a girl once the ones I want become available.

I was planing to take him out again today for another photo session and runaround outside but the clouds came out of nowhere. Hes so mellow when hes out and he loves to rearange his home!

Found another photo showing his deeper yellow colours
bts11.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. His parents are Rick Walker red and yellow line. Hoping to get him a girl once the ones I want become available.

I was planing to take him out again today for another photo session and runaround outside but the clouds came out of nowhere. Hes so mellow when hes out and he loves to rearange his home!

Found another photo showing his deeper yellow colours
View attachment 224825

Just wondering, do birds that suddenly fly overhead give him a fright when he's outside ?

I've noticed my resident EWS's and the visiting EWD get spooked and duck for cover when this happens to them. There are magpies and kookaburra and ravens about. (Though I've not seen a magpie or a raven go for a lizard I've no doubt they will given a chance).

Just wondering, do birds that suddenly fly overhead give him a fright when he's outside ?

I've noticed my resident EWS's and the visiting EWD get spooked and duck for cover when this happens to them. There are magpies and kookaburra and ravens about. (Though I've not seen a magpie or a raven go for a lizard I've no doubt they will given a chance).

He only really just looked up to see what was there, as for ducking for cover, he did none of that. He is getting more comfortibal (i guess you could say) around our eldest dog but we are both weary of letting him near the other (she has a wild prey drive) But it's fun to watch them interact.

I'm hoping to get a Water Dragon soon, I've had the pleasure of dealing with wild ones that were in care but never captive bred.

A few lizards around here.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1928 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1928 - Copy.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 76
He only really just looked up to see what was there, as for ducking for cover, he did none of that. He is getting more comfortibal (i guess you could say) around our eldest dog but we are both weary of letting him near the other (she has a wild prey drive) But it's fun to watch them interact.

I'm hoping to get a Water Dragon soon, I've had the pleasure of dealing with wild ones that were in care but never captive bred.

Maybe he doesn't know about dangerous birds.

I have posted these before should realy take some new pics lol

attachment.php

The 1st gecko is stunningly beautiful.
The 3rd and 4th are supercute.

You must be very proud of them.

What are their temperments like ? If I ever buy lizards, ones like those are going on top of my wanted list if they are inquisitive, social and have nice temperments (and are likely to be child friendly).

What are their temperments like ? If I ever buy lizards, ones like those are going on top of my wanted list if they are inquisitive, social and have nice temperments (and are likely to be child friendly).
What you want is a Central Bearded Dragon, or a Bluey. I know you're talking about getting geckoes but beardies and blueys are great pets and love being handled.

Anyone got any silkbacks or leatherbacks? Interested to have a look at a few handraised ones not just random ones on the internet. Silkies kind of look like a frog and a beardie had a baby.(I doubt many of you will, but it's worth asking :) )

Last edited:
Browesing through my Herp folder I found this:
A wild Murray's Skink.
I love those beautiful blue/white dots! But they are so hard to photograph, they run like mad as soon as you get within 2meters

P1010822.jpg

Out of luck getting a photo of the old lady EWS who lives in my mancave.

She was a no show this afternoon even when I dropped a couple of lively mealys on the slab in the hope of coaxing her out for some happysnaps .... I either overfed her the other day and she's sleeping it off or she's camera shy or more likely I went down the shed too late in the afternoon and she had already curled up in her bed.

Browesing through my Herp folder I found this:
A wild Murray's Skink.
I love those beautiful blue/white dots! But they are so hard to photograph, they run like mad as soon as you get within 2meters

View attachment 224891

Very handsome skink.

Have you tried setting up the camera with wide lens and on a tripod with a remote shutter release cable and tossing some mealworms to them to distract them and keep them around.

Autofocus on good DSLRs and PNSs is fantastic for this kind of wildlife photography ,so long as you get the focusing points on the desired object. Of cause using aperture priority and setting for something with a deep depth of field (f5.6 or higher) helps, probably means the flash will actuate.

Last edited:
What you want is a Central Bearded Dragon, or a Bluey. I know you're talking about getting geckoes but beardies and blueys are great pets and love being handled.

I know they are. I've had pet (wild) beardies and blueys when I was a kid. They adapted and became very tame very readily. A beardy or two are also on that list, and you can believe me they'll be spoilt rotten.

No point getting a captive bred bluey, as I have at least one that lives on or regularly visits my place.

Yeah I guess, watching animals in the wild is far more amazing than those in captivity, theyre a lot happier and just generally more filled with life (I'm not saying that in captivity animals become lifeless or unhappy and boring with the right amount of love from an owner they can be as amazing as anything) beardies are like the dogs of the reptile kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back