Gecko help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James..94

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think my little Eastern Stone Gecko has forgotten what being nocturnal means. Is this harmful to his health in anyway?

Cheers James

I have 3 hides and plenty of cover. He is adult size and he is in a 3x1x1 foot tank.

He just doesn't use the hides. I'll put pics of his tank soon.

Do have any heating?
I dont keep ESG's but its not unusual for some geckos to stay out during the day, many geckos will come out an hour or two before sundown

When u say has forgotten what being nocturnal is, do u mean he is active during the day and feeding etc? or do u mean he just sleeps out in the open?

He feeds any time of day. He seems to not sleep he is always active.
I do have heating but only turn it only on unnaturally cold days.

This is his house.

Attachments

• 100_2081.jpg
    100_2081.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_2082.jpg
    100_2082.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 69
my clone geckoes are out most of the day and night, doesnt worry them, i wouoldnt be converned, id be happy to watch them out all day!

Yea i don't mind him being out all day. I was just concerned because he has gone in one in about a month.

I find a lot of my male geckos are active in the day during breeding season. On the prowl !! Nothing to worry about as above if its eating and healthly i wouldnt worry.

My ESG are the same. They rarely use their hides. All of my ESG are like that. Has not caused them any problems. Are healthy and produce offspring.

your tank looks all wet dose it have a hide in a dry area of the tank i suggest only watering/misting one side of the tank in future cheers

I replaced the top layer of coco peat just this afternoon so that's why it looks wet and yes all the logs in the tank are hollow so they are dry. It should dry out by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back