Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
was wanting to get a gecko but wanted to set its tank up as a rainforest setup and know that marbled geckos are an option but was wondering if thers any other gecko out the that that are arbourial and need a rainforest setup. any help appreciated thanks

Marbled velvets despite being from tropic areas do not have a need for high humidity.

might just get a leaf tailed gecko cause there the only thing that suits both of the requirements

how much would the avarage price of a marbled velvet gecko or lear tailed gecko

get angle headed dragons in a rainforest setup.
much better because they will be more active than geckos :)

i would and was thinking anout one but dont have the time or money to look after one

if you dont have the money for them you wont have the money for a leaf tail or chameleon gecko....

Geckos need tending to at least a few times a week (same as Angle headed Dragons) and generally cost upwards of $100 (same as Angle headed Dragons).

Have you thought of having a combination of say water skinks and tree frogs. The water skinks will be active in the day and the tree frogs active at night. If the enclosure is large enough, you could even keep small water dragons for a period of time. Once they get to big you can accommodate them out doors or sell them and purchase some more that are small.

Whatever you get, you need to be able to meet the power bill for running light and heater, summer AND winter! And you also need to be able to meet the cost of feeding the animals their appropriate food. There is NO such thing as taking cost shortcuts with either of these things – just sickly to dead animals as a result. So do your research and then do your sums. Hopefully it’s a goer and you can enjoy your animals for many years to come. Here’ hoping!!!

Blue

i already have 2 pygmey bearded dragons with uvb light and a heat lamp on for 10-14 hours a day but was just looking for something that doesnt need any heat or only a heat mat im not sure i think i might just wait till the next castle hill expo cause that vidio that ive seen looks like theres lots of gecko and waterdragons so ill just get one there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back