Gecko ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phyllurus platurus - Broad-Tailed Gecko

IMG_2446.jpg

Thats it! thanks, what are the red spots on it? The one i found had two

Thanks :) He/she seemed to like my cut of that i'm turning into a bonsai :D

DSC_8438.jpg
DSC_8435.jpg

Thats what I was saying, i thought there wouldn't be anything. Then we had to move some stuff, and found two baby leaf tail and this one. My brother also said he saw a legless lizard, all you have to do is go moving some stuff around.

Yeah, pretty sure they are mites, she (mine) had them when I got her from DEC (ballot animal).

Currently in quarantine and getting treated for them.

Gekkobia mites are something that is on 99% of Saltuarius and Phyllurus, it is not nessasary to treat for them as they are native and don't pose a major problem....normal mite treatment used for snakes can have serious adverse effects on geckos.

Cheers,
Scott

Gekkobia mites are something that is on 99% of Saltuarius and Phyllurus, it is not nessasary to treat for them as they are native and don't pose a major problem....normal mite treatment used for snakes can have serious adverse effects on geckos.

Cheers,
Scott

Thanks for that Scott. I haven't used any sprays etc. as of yet (don't need to now I guess), have only put her in luke warm water a few times with betadine.

Will keep her in the quarantine room for a while longer either way, but thanks for clearing that up.

If you do want to get rid of them mites, just dab a little vegetable oil on them and they will fall off in a few days. Like Scott said, 99% of phyllurus and saltaurius have them and they shouldn't be of too much concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back