!!!!!! Gecko prefrences !!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzpej

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum and i am intreasted in geckos i understand they are not particularly for handling but is their any that would tolerate some handling that are available in WA

Im intreasted in nephrurus levis

Hi im new to this forum and i am intreasted in geckos i understand they are not particularly for handling but is their any that would tolerate some handling that are available in WA

Im intreasted in nephrurus levis

No. They should only be handled if need be- check ups or moving enclosure.

Rick

Some species will become very used to people and can be handled carefully without causing stress. Many people prefer not to handle geckos and there are many people that believe you shouldn't, but species such as levis and milii are fine. As long as you keep handling to short periods of time, do it late in the arvo to avoid throwing out their sleeping pattern and monitor their behaviour and food intake which can give you an indication of stress, then you should be fine. Levis is the best option for handling.

levis and amyae are the species that i keep that don't mind a bit of handling when needed ie cleaning tubs etc. I have an asper that is a psycho lol and my marmorata is also not into being touched. I just leave them be and admire from a distance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back