Gecko problem shedding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog1974

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to a post explaining what to do with my levis not shedding properly? Never had a problem with her before, skin won't come off.

Soak her in some water, and rub the dry bits with a little bit of oil to try and loosen it up

Normally my levis shed well by themselves and eat their shed but sometimes (for whatever reason) they fail to do this. I usually soak and leave for a few days more (at least a week total) before I begin to painstakingly and very carefully physically remove the skin with a combination of metal and plastic tweezers. Greatest care should be made around the toes and ventral area of tail.
You will find they will get quite agitated after about 10 mins and I will usually stop when this happens and try again in a few hours time once they've settled again.

I would not recommend this because you can easily pull a toe off or poke your gecko if your new to this experience. For me I have learnt to be careful over time with mine. Good luck

Put damp spaghnam moss in a small lidded ventilated container and leave the gecko in there for a few days, check her regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back