Gecko setups!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womagaunt

Reaction score
hey guys,

going to be getting a pair of southern leaf tailed geckos soon and just wanted to know how everyone else has theirs setup post pictures below! (would prefer arboreal gecko setups but either way doesn't bother me aha :) )

WomaG :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bump! i need to know! come on guys! :)

- - - Updated - - -

well this thread didnt go the way i was hoping.... lol :(

You can't bump your own threads within three days mate. I'll bump it for you though cause I'd also like to see some :)

No I don't but thinking about getting into them which is why I'd like to see how people house them

It's nothing flash but I thought I would get the thread going.
Golden-tailed Gecko setup - houses 5 adults

100_2808.jpg

Nothing handy sorry, and my camera is flat, basically its a tank like the one above with large branches and sandstone rocks
ok thanks aha oh yeah and i cant buy and leaf tails off you yet have to wait untill early august because u probably know this but you need R2 and to get it you need two year experience with R1 so yeah ill let you know when it comes time, my birthday is around then so ill probly use the money to buy 2 maybe 3 off you if you have any :)

ok thanks aha oh yeah and i cant buy and leaf tails off you yet have to wait untill early august because u probably know this but you need R2 and to get it you need two year experience with R1 so yeah ill let you know when it comes time, my birthday is around then so ill probly use the money to buy 2 maybe 3 off you if you have any :)

P.platurus can be kept on a basic license

The exoterra is for my O.Marmorata.
The rack tubs are for my knobtails.

I know different setup to leafies but might give you another perspective on setups

Attachments

• levis.jpg
    levis.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 94
  • asper.jpg
    asper.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 95
  • amyae.jpg
    amyae.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 91
  • PA130917.jpg
    PA130917.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 143
P.platurus can be kept on a basic license
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]woops!indeed they are i was looking at Saltuariuswyberba but still i wont be able to get them untill august whenits my birthday and i get some more money (ill start saving!) ormaybe over christmas if i get enoguh ill have to wait and see but iwill deffidently be bying them from you :) so its all good aha :)[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

The exoterra is for my O.Marmorata.
The rack tubs are for my knobtails.

I know different setup to leafies but might give you another perspective on setups
wow! great setup i love knob tailed geckos especially rough ones! :)

My p.platurus enclosure

You really need to give them more cover like logs etc, also sand is no good for them as they tend to ingest it very easily when hunting, use a substrate like bark or coco peat.

Apart from that it looks really good.

Ive been thinking about getting a gecko or 2, im really interested in the robust velvet gecko, goldern tailed gecko, the northern spiny tailed gecko and the eastern spiny tailed gecko. I would love to see some setups for those species aswell if its alright with u OP. :)

Last edited:
You really need to give them more cover like logs etc, also sand is no good for them as they tend to ingest it very easily when hunting, use a substrate like bark or coco peat.

Apart from that it looks really good.

Thanks mate, behind that big rock there are a few other rocks setup to create crevices and whatnot to try and creat a more natural feel, I had some logs in there but the little buggers would hardly hide in them they'd prefer to sit at the top of the background or hang upside down from the mesh roof. I was thinking of getting some roofing tiles and stack a couple of them in there to hide

Thanks mate, behind that big rock there are a few other rocks setup to create crevices and whatnot to try and creat a more natural feel, I had some logs in there but the little buggers would hardly hide in them they'd prefer to sit at the top of the background or hang upside down from the mesh roof. I was thinking of getting some roofing tiles and stack a couple of them in there to hide

Yeah I know what you mean, mine do that a lot as well.
Just make sure you get them off the sand, I almost lost one of my leafies due to sand ingestion, I am not sure if you have noticed but the sand (particularly when damp) seems to stick to them really easily and any that is on their face soon ends up inside them.

Yeah I never thought of them to lick the sand off there faces a huge problem and all since most terrestrial geckos live on sand (I know that leafies are arboreal).

Yeah I never thought of them to lick the sand off there faces a huge problem and all since most terrestrial geckos live on sand (I know that leafies are arboreal).

Yeah I keep many gecko species on sand except my Plats, they are the only species that I experienced issues with using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back