Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that!

If i had had to take a stab in the dark, I woulda said giant cave geckos... if only because of the word 'giant' :D

They look great! And big for that young ;)

Are the last two Vittatus?
Yes mate they are.Come out of eggs not much bigger than tic tacs.

Few more.
castels.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

amyaehead1.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Rams, just curious did you ever pair those castelnaui and if so how did the offspring colour up?

Awww, look at him hugging your finger! "no daddy, don't put me back yet, I haven't seen everything"! God I'm a sucker for a cute face! :)

Nice work Rams, they are some happy, healthy looking critters! You are obviously a very good slave! :)

Best,
Carolyn

View attachment 201498View attachment 201503I do not recommend handling any geckos. At best they will tolerate it. However they are absolutely awesome to watch feed and run around at night. N.amyae, N.milli, N.levis are all very endearing geckos but some of the antics of the more active species like Gehyra genus are cool to.

Some pics of my hatchie levis and their parents. View attachment 201496
pencil.png

2nd pic looks like a dinosaur :shock:

very nice geckos guys !

Akatora isnt all that nocturenal.. he will regularly walk around his tank and come up and say hello or just sit on his log and stare at me all day.. he is good motivation to do uni work, feel like im going to get in trouble or death stared if I stop haha he really is a great gecko and I will be getting more amyae this year for sure! I say go for it haha

Taken from my phone so might be a bit crappy but oh well. I like em

Attachments

• 2011-05-22 17.59.10.jpg
    2011-05-22 17.59.10.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 76
  • 2011-05-22 17.44.36.jpg
    2011-05-22 17.44.36.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 2011-05-16 21.20.17.jpg
    2011-05-16 21.20.17.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 72
Here's a couple of my pair :D

29digw4.jpg

Female on the left, male up on the right.

357om6w.jpg

The last decent photo before I managed to stuff the settings on the camera haha

The female will occasionally climb onto my hand, and just lay there for a little while (I'm assuming cause it's warm). The male has done it too, but not as often.

- Justin

Hey Nurse Boy, Cyrtodactylus tuberculatus are Australias longest gecko, N.amyae the most massive. Pseudothecadactylus lindneri is smaller in SVL than than P.australis and P.cavaticus as well as all Saltuarius, Phyllurus nepthys, Phyllurus caudiannulatus, Phyllurus amnicola, Orraya, Oedura marmorata, Oedura gemmata, Oedura filicpoda, Nephrurus wheeleri, N.shaei, N.levis, N delaeni, N.asper, N.amyae, Gehyra baliola, Charphodactylus laevis and Cyrtodactylus.

Those on that list with a chance of being bigger than it full out are C.laevis, Cyrtodactylus (not chance definitely bigger), the other Pseudothecadactylus and some of the Saltuarius.

For SVL measurements see Wilson and Swan Ed.3.

Oh and Dickyknee you know you only need to convince them to get a gecko not a brand new camera to photograph it with right? Nice pics.

Wow, very nice little critters everyone. I'm very close you being convinced lol. Are they good to breed? Do you have to incubate, or can they do it themselves? I think if I could breed them, and see little guys I'd be able to cope with not handling them. What are relatively cheap, easy to breed, and don't need much maintenance (heating, uv, etc) ???

Thanks again people, I think you have convinced more than just one person on here haha nice work

Um probably U.milli are the lowest maintenance as in many places they do not need heat once they have reached adulthood. No gecko really needs uv but some argue it beneficial to Strophurus.
Geckos lay 2 eggs per clutch and can lay several clutches as year (so not great to breed in fecundity terms). You do have to incubate eggs mostly to stop them from drying out, they abandon their eggs once laid and many species will eat their own hatchlings.

I really think if you want relatively cheap, easy to breed and lowest maintenance (geckos need almost none anyway compared to many other reps), then go with U.milli Thick-tail gecko.

Ok, I might go read up about them. I think I. Used to catch them as a kid. They were cool. So really my reptile obsession started with these little fellas....
If anyone would like to donate a couple to me, feel free... Haha.
Or maybe just let me know if your selling any...

Roughly how much are they selling for? Plain, and fancy ones

Cheers

Hey Pratty90!

Well, depending on the breeder, they will "generally" go for anywhere from $100 - $150, more for the "fancy ones"...

I see... Does anyone chatting here sell these guys?
I'd like a fancy one(feel free to tell me what the cooler looking ones are) but I think they may cost a little too much.

Now I just gotta convince the fiancé...
Trying the old "we can have cute little baby ones" approach. Should be right :)

Another species of gecko that will happily sit out for veiwing under light all day....

Golden tailed gecko - Strophurus taenicauda

P1010966.jpg

One for the Nephrurus levis fans

P1020572.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
They look very cool. Thanks :)

What are the different kinds of u.milli called, like the patternless ones and the lighter colour ones etc.
?

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back